(I guess) 1st scooter with High CRI Nichia LED headlights

After many rides, my conclusions are:
For city riding in well lit roads, high CRI front light are useless. You better invest more in the output. The only gain I got is from more neutral CCT. This is very useful when trying to pass a big fat white bus, the back reflection is not as irritating as cool white light does.
But… tailing scooting bikinis , high CRI especially with high R9, makes a huge difference! :heart_eyes:
High CRI front lighting is VERY beneficial in country side/outdoor/off-road rides. Everything looks lively and beautiful, more enjoyable night ride.

Note: my mod creates wider and more even beam. In the bright city roads the beam looks dimmer than the OEM. But in dark country roads/forest, it’s so much better. The side spill is very wide with less hotspot, yet the up front cut-off remains the same.

Below is the example of ~20km beautiful road crossing the oak forest (part of Baluran National Park) in East Java. During the night there was no street lights, complete darkness. Under high CRI, it’s beautiful and not as eerie as it actually is (some road burglary reported).

- Clemence

Nice work Clemence!

Clemence, if you’re out there…Thank you!
I recently got a 21 Honda Super Cub because my commute has gone down to 1.2 miles and my truck never even warms up with that short of a trip. Horrible gas mileage doing short trips.
The Super Cub is a blast but wow the headlight output is a blue/purple that was unacceptable. The tint was so overpowering it was monochromatic.
Thanks to this post I took the plunge. An amazing amount of work to get the headlight out and then apart.
I used some 519a emitters, not perfect but no shorts.
Tested it out before putting it all back together, the blue is banished.
I am old enough to remember when changing a headlight was 1 plug and a trim ring holding in a piece of glass with a filament. Oh well, hopefully I’ll only be doing this once.