I hate Dell

My shop runs nothing but Dell pcs and laptops. Its all I purchase. I cant speak for the home market equipment but tbe Latitude series is always rock solid. Only ever had harddrives go bad and the rare fan bearing. The warranty plan is excellent on the rare occasion I need it for one of my users.

so far i have owned 2 dells, both desktops.

one was a entry level celeron machine i got in 2005, it was retired in 2011, never had problems, and it still runs

the other one i use currently is a vostro with a i7 sandybridge, about a year and a half old, replaced the old dell, and i game on it a alot, so it runs on a load, so far no problems.

but one thing i notice is the plastic trim is not good on dells, they develop a rattle after a year or 2, but other wise they are problem free

I have have a desk top from these guys that’s a few years old, it has been top notch, not exactly budget but they work, rock solid from what I have seen and have experienced.

Most rock solid system is a system you build yourself from rock solid components. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

who uses laptop nowdays ? :stuck_out_tongue: get ipad or equivalent.

as for desktop for homeuse i built the computer myself selecting all the quality parts. i built a computer in 2003 and it is still now use with my main LCD TV as a smart tv :slight_smile: still going strong.

since i have the iphone 4 i’ve turned apple.

I’ll do that as soon as iPad or equivalent will run fully featured Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Master Suite CS6, and Sony Vegas Pro.

Add to that Solidworks, Cadence Allegro, the IAR Compilers, Xilinx ISE, MPLAB and AVRStudio. That’s just for starters. Personally, I still haven’t exactly figured out what you CAN do with an iPad.

Who uses laptops? People who do work… My primary laptop happens to be a Dell. Fantastic machine. One of the few you can buy with a 17” screen that runs 1920x1080 resolution.

Browse facebook.
That’s the only thing 90% of people do with their laptops, anyways.

That being said, I’m not sure that you need Dell for 1920x1080 at 17”, as my ASUS has that resolution at just 13.3”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not much into Facebook, but my phone does that just fine - and it’s got a 4G connection, and it’s with me 24hrs per day. My tv can also browse facebook. so can my laptop. so can my desktop. so can my blue-ray player. why do I need an iPad again?

That’s seriously high pixel density. I’ll have to keep that in mind if I want something a little more portable. I like my 17” - it’s portable enough (keep it in car), but big enough to be a desktop replacement when I travel…

You most likely don’t, neither do I. I got better things to spend $500 on.

That seriously high pixel density, though (165 ppi, to be exact), has some disadvantages - not all apps support DPI scaling, and some do it in ugly way. If your first purpose is not multimedia, then 1600x900 would be more suitable for such diagonal.

Never buy from Dell's Home or Home office division.

Only buy from Dell's Small Business division!

Better customer service, better tech support. Last I heard there is no verification that you actually run a small business.

The newest convertible laptop by Lenovo is pretty sweet. I tried it out at Best Buy. The screen simply swings all the way back around until the back is resting on the bottom of the laptop. Now it’s in “tablet” mode running Windows 8. I even like the subtle rubbery texture on the palm rests and around the keyboard. It’s truly Lenovo’s best and most stylish machine to date, imo. The only improvement I would like to see right away is a means for the screen to lock into place once flipped around so there’s no movement.

I had the ipad for about a year. No matter what anybody thinks, it's a toy, not a real computer. I'll take a netbook over it anyday of the week. Just for your information, I'm not an Apple hater. I own a Macbook, 2 Mac Mini's, and an iMac.

And yes, I'm a PC user as well. I build my own these days

Just found this picture dated from 2-22-2004 of my Dell 4600. This is the one I sold my brotherinlaw about 6 years ago. I didn't realize it's close to 10 years old and it's still working after all these years. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Get an ipad Scaru, you’ll love it.

That’s just like mine Glenn. Still works great. My next computer will be a Dell as well.

If his usage scenario extends further than browsing facebook, he won’t.

+1, i need a computer not an overpriced tablet. For example there is no backtrack app. :stuck_out_tongue:

You do pen testing?
:bigsmile: