I just charged 16 18650 batteries from 0v!!!

+1
Exactly.

I am using threshold of 2V and below because some cells will go down to 2V no problem.

The point is - do not make experiments with li-ion cells unless you have ready and operable >> Foam extinguisher, CO2, ABC dry chemical, powdered graphite, copper powder or soda (sodium carbonate).

Take a look at new LG 18650 batteries and warning printed on them (NO more bare li-ion batteries for us).

Sony the same story

Samsung will follow

Actually its worse, don’t do this unless you have a fireproof automated system that monitors your batteries 24/7 and can automatically extinguish flames with lithium fire fighting powders (water is ineffective on lithium fires i believe).
Also you need to prevent explosions from reaching a human if it explodes while in use (build flashlights from 3 inch thick aluminum with pressure vents that filter hazardous fumes, not likely.

Before I decked it out with an automated fireproofing system, I would put them in the garage with a bag of play sand above them. If a fire starts, the heat or flames burst the plastic and bury the cells in play sand.

Seems like a lot of work for cells that are obviously bad. Throw them out and be done with it.

Yep, I would throw them out too.

I had the same thought, risk fire, explosions or breathing hydrofluoric acid for batteries that cost $5 each :frowning:

UR18650RX
You can get them for 3 bucks now. Maybe less.

Nice cells

Datasheet http://www.orbtronic.com/battery-specs-datasheet/ur18650rx.pdf

Agreed. It’s not worth risking your life other than protecting your family and friends. Material things can be replaced. Life can’t be.

I was sharing an idea. My very next post said