I need o-rings....

I do not need 10 of everything, but 1 or 2 of many. I have not been able to find an assortment of flashlight o-rings. They seem to be thinner than most of the o-ring assortments out there that are meant for hydraulic repair work and like the ones I use on farm equipment.

Has anyone found an assortment of flashlight sized o-rings? If so, can you point me to it? I am about to just start picking up the lots of 5 to 10 that I can use and start building my own assortment.

Matt

I buy orings from the usual places, EDC, Fasttech etc. They are generally cheap for quantitys of around 5 or 10 and store them in a plastic container with adjustable dividers.

If you do pick up lots, consider selling your extras here. I’m sure that you’ll find others who are in the same boat as you, wanting to buy an assortment of o-rings in small quantities.

I did this on a purchase of button-top magnets. It took just 3 hours for me to sell out! I didn’t make any money on the deal (actually lost money, figuring the cost of gas for trips to the Post Office), but it made me feel good by sharing with other members.

Good luck!

Have a box with rubber rings in all kind of seizes, all bought for plumbing
I replaced some very thin flashlight rings with those (using a smaller size) they feel much stronger
But getting a good size is difficult, so I am looking for a set with bunch of different sizes as well
So maybe this is good input in your thread
This one looks promising
400+ in a box
right?

This one has a lot of rings is not usable sizes

Here is where I get mine, http://www.theoringstore.com/ :wink:

Try Harbor Freight Here you go.
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=o+rings

When ever I buy parts, I will buy a couple of sizes. It appears that general o-rings are much to thick, on the order of 3 to 3.5mm.

Thanks guys.

Most of them will be too large in cross-section for almost anything, especially flashlights, though some might be appropriate for making a better “cigar-hold” grip on the tailcap end of the flashlight body. The ones I’ve gotten had a couple sizes good for plumbing stems then once those were used up became rather useless as they never fit whatever was needed. Plus the ‘rubber’ was generally poor quality too.

Phil