I need to make a Bat Signal

I tried playing with it, there is no way aspherics would work as a bat signal even on a building no matter at which focal point for our flashlight type aspherics. And if its bright enough there is no way the big emitter is going to do that with a good throw.

Your best bet is as mentioned earlier by me (1) laser, which isn’t that expensive….and (2) searchlight.

Less than 1k shipped.

But if one is not on a flashaholic batman signal pursuit, then those small batman flashlights are good for home use! Just nice for halloween (but too late to buy and ship over i guess). :smiley:

My green PT120 has a large rectangle projection with a aspheric lens. Stainless shim with a bat on the led lens would produce he desired results with an aspherical lens. This led is capable of 3500+ lumen. But can you live with a green bat?

Well, can’t the green PT120 be replaced with white CBT-90? :Р

Why in the world would you want to repel bats? They eat mosquitoes. 0:)

We have a bridge that I go by on my weekly hikes, and I love to go down and try to catch a bat in the viewfinder. Those things are fast!

They used to build large bathouses here in an effort to control the mosquitoes back in the early 1900’s

Hmmm… I do have a large 3ftX3ft Fresnel lens… :stuck_out_tongue: would that work?

Apples and limes…. PT120 is a rectangle (16x9 ratio) for HD television applications and would give a wider profile than the lower power lower lumen lumen white square CBT-90. The PT121 ratio is 4x3. Both PTs run @ 36A max. Bat is wider than tall.

My best bs answer: A point source works because it creates a shadow with defined edges. For a flashlight beam to do this the image has to be located far enough from the source that the source behaves as a point. The greater the separation, the sharper the image. A multi emitter light would need a greater separation still.