i pulled again...

Hi Folks!

today i opened a Phillips Battery Pack

inside: 9 pcs Panasonic CGR 18650 CG rated 2250mAh

everyone has 4,14 Volts :slight_smile:

unfortunately they used a good glue and i have to rewrap ALL cells… :frowning:

Nice catch! :smiley:

I got some of those out of a Toshiba pack awhile back. I like when the battery packs of the little test lights on them.

Nice…good batts!

Some nice cells, I have a dozen and love them. Make sure you post these in the pulls thread.
Community Battery Pulls Overview Thread (Laptop packs and Tool Packs)

Just out of curiosity, why do they have to be rewrapped? Why not just chunk the wrapper and leave them plain? Is it a safety hazard? Is it about looks? Is it about knowing the name brand of the cell? I just sharpie mine when the wrapper is dead, unless its just tore, then I just trim the loose edges and roll with it.

You won't be able to turn your light off then.

If that was a reply to my questions, then I can definitely confirm that my lights with unwrapped batteries work perfectly normal.

@heggood - if the inner tube isn’t anodized or painted or has defects than unwrapped cells could jump your tail switch. Also, they are dangerous if they are loose. They can short out each other if the top touches the bare side of one.

Thanks hbomb.

Best thing about laptop pulls is not knowing what's inside

well… - all Batteries of both packs had good Voltages but the capacities are bad… (should be 2250 mAh)

did the first batch twice (didnt change values more than 10%…)

second batch

WTF? is my charger bad??

so i tried known cells …(started nearly full)

printed values: 3400 / 2600 / 2500 / 2500 mAh

3rd batch of the pull

so - i will kick them…
or does anyone want the 18 cells for the shipping costs?

pack right? Did not sound like NOS where mine, knock on wood, has been very good on 48 various cells with voltage and capacity.

I love opening these things, like presents :wink:

yes - used ones…

I was lucky before so I am not disappointed

4th batch is a little better (but I will not keep them)