I spy with my little eye...

I like having a few nice lights but I also like not having to be worried about it getting scratch, dropped or broken. I like to use them and not worry about what happens to them.

I find that with expensive things they end up just spending all of their time on the shelf due to be worried about messing them up lol.

Git along lil Doggy…
Wow is all I got to say.

I avoid lights that can’t be opened and can’t be repaired, lights with proprietary driver boards and use proprietary cells or any light I may have second thought about taking anywhere and using it.
Nothing modded on that table I would not own and many I already do in similar modded states.

Plans for the Courui?
I gutted the driver on one and piggybacked a FET, added a tail clicky, doubled the rear springs and XM-L2 U4 1A was what I had at the time sitting on a Manker 35mm hunk of MCPCB. Flipped the shelf… Think thats one of the first lights in the Mod thread by PD. It’s an oldie but goodie.

I agree, most of those over priced “brand name” lights can not even be modded easily or well. I mean when I can build a better light for $50 better then a $150 “brand name” light, why spend more?

The D01 is modded with an XP-L HI V2 3C properly focused and using a TA driver with narsil. Makes around 1300 lumens IIRC and 250kcd for 1000m of throw. Basically exactly the same as the XHP35 1504 but with a much prettier beam. I really like the D01.

The L2 with xhp35 is quite fun as well, more lumens and a larger hotspot but not quite as much throw obviously.

I want to put an XHP35 in an L6.

Impressive!

Where's your Torch?

Sorry, couldn't help with the cheesy joke.

Cheers ^:)

I actually have a wicked lasers green laser that i a lot of fun but highly dangerous. It is why I have not got more powerful ones.

How many lumens you got there altogether? :smiley:

Good question actually. Some quick math shows the following:

Around 65,000 lumens in the skyrays alone (not including the ones I have for sale that are not on the table, with those around 75,000).

Roughly adding up the rest should be something around 140,000 lumens.

Hmm, I thought I was doing a lot better then that, Looks like I need to keep working on it.

I have been thinking about a REAL 100,000 lumen flashlight / lantern that would surely be a whole lot different then anything I have seen before, who knows, maybe I will have to funds for this years scratch-made contest.

They're getting close!

That reeks pretty low CRI light, though.

How about making that 100K+ lumen flashlight out of some sort of incan/halogen bulbs? Osram had some really nice 24V 275W halogens in their catalog not long ago, with well above 10K lumen output.

Gonna call it the GigaTorch? Setting on fire everything on sight! Ooouuh yeah!

C'mon Texas_Ace, build that torch with more horsepower than a good chainsaw!

I have seen that before and while bright for sure I highly doubt it is actually 100k lumens with those cheap ebay LED’s. As VOB showed those LED’s are good for maybe 5000-6000 lumens each and with all the driver losses in the setup in the video too boot I would say 50k lumens would be a generous guess.

Although what I have in mind should be a bit more “user friendly”.

Great family Texas :+1: , even more special ,as all modded by yourself………….priceless!

WOW you squeezed some lumens out of those skyways :smiley: they must get toasty fast!

Pretty much all of those lights will get hot in a big hurry on turbo.

The skyrays are fun, the 10,000 lumen versions will start smoking a piece of paper in seconds if you lay it face down on it.

I would love a Q8 with nice copper DTP mcpcb with 8x XP footprints and a matching reflector. Toss 8 XP-L2’s in there and it should be good for close to 15k lumens and maybe 20 second before it is hot. At least that is what my XHP50 SRK does.

100 Spots PCB Board Copper Plate For Cree XLamp XP-G XT-E XP-E XPG XTE XPE 2pcs @kiwilight2014

Grabbing the popcorn!

Ah, but is it DTP? lol

In all seriousness, where would you get an optic for something like that? Or it is purely a mule? What does that even exist?

The listing doesn’t mention, but it looks to be NOT DTP. So, the current will have to be severely limited in order to not overheat and blow emitters. A DTP board made like that would indeed be nice!

OMD! that’s quite a collection you have there :+1: :open_mouth:
Hi Tex, do you want me to free some space? Are there any you don’t like anymore?

- Clemence

Where did you find that Bark? I bought smaller but seems like similar version.
In my case it’s a total waste of money. Even the cheap aluminum non DTP aluminum found in Ebay and Alibaba are much better. It’s not a DTP and the copper strip below the thermal pad is only as big as the thermal pad itself. Good only for very low current applications.

- Clemence

Bummer then. What is more, while checking my wishlist, noticed seller 2012beautifullife had withdrawn many interesting items from its listings, including the quad 3535 DTP boards.

Found another source: 20x Copper Star Heatsink Base Plate PCB Board 20mm For Cree XPE XPG XTE XPL LED @led-world2007

Yes, some of you may argue nothing states these are DTP, but please bear in mind that “thermoelectric separation” actually means DTP. For the long story, look here: 4x quad XP footprint copper DTP stars my dears! :-)

20 boards, 80 emitters… mmm! Where's my popcorn?

The picture is too small to check if it’s DTP or not. But I guess it’s not