I think I found my next low priced lithium ion powered torch!

Kathryn Janeway

• Believes coffee is the finest organic suspension ever devised.

Yes, if you’re a collector of certain metal alloys, then I suppose. I do have a stash of exotic woods, that are pretty pricey, but nowhere near the prices that Moku-Ti fetches.

Sure it’s unobtanium, but to me that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s valuable to me. People want things they cannot get, even if what is makes absolutely no sense in the end-use product. Maybe, if they had some hogwash story about the super-cooling properties of Moku-Ti, or its superconducting properties, or its enhanced grip.

You know, when I win Powerball tomorrow night, I may just have a shovel with a blade made of Moku-Ti, just to stick it to the flashlight snobs. Heck I may even put in some XHP 70.2s for some, er, night digging… except it won’t be me, because when I buy a Moku-Ti shovel, I definitely could afford to have someone do my light work. Speaking of which, I can see myself calling my butler: “Schmedley, could you please grab the Muyshondt from the top drawer of my desk at the study. OK, now illuminate that area for me please… ” Yes the big-time dreams of a flashaholic.

Actually, this would be the ultimate flashaholic pick-up line… Sit at a bar next to a hot girl, and take my cellphone and Muyshondt out of my pocket and set it on the bar. “Hey babe, this flashlight is 3 grand… before batteries!”

See, I wouldn’t be saying anything if they were putting everything top of the line.

Triple nickel-silver-gold plating dual BeCu C17500 springs, manually sliced XHP70.2 P2 5000k bin, germanium built boost converter, silver wiring everywhere, 18350 and 18650 battery compatibility(and 4 of each are included, along with a very high quality charger in the box), silver reflector, sapphire AR lens, aux RGB HiCRI LEDs, etc.

With a 3000$ budget, I would be making the most insane small light on the planet.

If I had it to spend on a light, I'd sooner shoot Dale or CRX $3000 than... this...

Their work is much more impressive to me.

Exactly… $3000 and you get a stock imported OP reflector. I want and expect an electroformed reflector for $3K. Heck, even a TIR would be a step up, but that’s probably a $300 option that you can get for $2 at DigiKey.