I Thought I Would Try The Panasonic 18650A Protected Batteries From This USA Seller

I’m not saying these are fake, but just remember when you use to buy all the Trustfire 2400 18650’s off ebay and they turned out to be fakes……

That’s why it’s always a good idea to do a search on here first…

You got me there. And so very true. Well I have faith.

How can they be fake if he is getting 3000mah discharges? Isn’t the Panasonic the only cell that can even do that?

Buying real Panasonics from panasonic or 18650s Molis from Moli is incredibly difficult. The companies will only let them be used for approved applications — and sell them accordingly. Flashlights are NOT an approved application.

Where do all these supposed “real” unprotected name-brand cells — being sold from China — come from? Where do these vendors in China get them? Why will Panasonic and the other companies sell to Chinese vendors and not to us?

How can Chinese vendors acquire endless supplies of these batteries but others can’t?

Yeah, I can see an unscrupulous employee diverting a couple hundred from Lenovo or some other chinese company that legitamately uses the 18650s, but I can’t see the huge volume on ebay and elsewhere coming from diversions. Panasonic would eventually get wise and shut ’em down.

There’s just something fishy here. I don’t know exactly what it is, but something’s not right.

Slapping Panasonic labels on halfway-decent Chinese-made 18650s makes sense. Maybe not for all the gray-market panasonic 18650s, but for a lot of them.

2 sources at Panasonic told news agency Reuters that may curtail its expanded production of solar panels and small lithium batteries used in PCs and other devices as part of new round of restructuring. Also last year Panasonic shifted production of their lithium batteries to China to reduce costs.

I wonder how many of my panasonic batteries are made in China now?

>>>>>I wonder how many of my panasonic batteries are made in China now?

Thats really interesting! Is that why my older pack panasonic cells are better than the newer ones (longer run times, holds charge better)? That the older ones were made in Japan and not in China? Nah, can’t be.

>>>>>that may curtail its expanded production of solar panels and small lithium batteries

Oh man, say it ain’t so!!!

YES!

John Lee Hooker had 2 songs, “One Bourbon, one Scotch, one Beer” and “House Rent Boogie” George Thorogood took both songs and created the story in his song “One Bourbon, one Scotch, one Beer”

Great stuff!

edit: There is a third song by Bill Fadden And The Silvertone Flyers called “House Rent Blues” that is in George Thorogood’s song also.

here is where to buy a whole kit of all the parts to sleeve an 18650, In this case UltraFire

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=\_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdetail.china.alibaba.com%2Foffer%2F917795100.html

Here is a sleeve for XinTD

http://detail.china.alibaba.com/pic/997269645.html

Here is a label for Sanyo, its not an 18650, but you get the point.

http://detail.china.alibaba.com/offer/1201284471.html

Here is what a real Panasonic Li-Ion looks like. Only sold for industrial use. I don’t know, maybe they sell in bulk, naked with no wrapper to OEM manufacturers.

The Battery may be real but …….

Hi!

The printing on those batteries certainly looks legitimate. The batteries may well be the real thing. There are very few companies that can make a 3000mAh (or higher) battery so if they test out as having that capacity, I would say they probably are real.

On the other hand, there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the various protection circuits that are being used by many manufacturers. They often have only one Chinese IC and don’t operate properly. The primary reasons that Keeppower has so many (high priced) OEM customers is due to their consistently high production standards and particularly because they use quality parts from Japan and a great design for their PROTECTION CIRCUIT.

About the pricing on eBay: We are less expensive (including shipping) on two of the 18650A batteries and a lot less expensive on a larger quantity. This seller also lists the unprotected 18650 (2900mAh) and we are significantly less expensive on those – even for just two. Also, we pass along the free Keeppower Brand Battery Case rather than sell it separately.

We also stock a reasonably broad range of Lithium Batteries and will be expanding the list in the future.

Last but not least, we have caught up with our shipping and most of the start-up issues so we’re able to provide excellent service. Having thought about this thread for a couple of hours, I think it would be a good idea to ask some of the many people who have said such nice things to us in PMs to post publicly so that everyone can hear about how satisfied so many people are with our product and service.

Best Regards,

Bob (KumaBear)

KumaBear - good sales pitch! Next time I buy from you Even if I have to drive across the boarder.

Here is the HKJ review of the Panasonic 3100mAh:
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/NCR18650A%20protected%20(Green)%20UK.html

One important point to find fakes and genuine:
Take a closer look at the batteries. Under the green wrapper you can notice some other letters on the cells. This is normal for Panasonic and inform you about the manufacturing date.

I think the batteries are genuine.

Well wife tells me I got my batteries in the mail today. That was quick.

Test them out and let us know! I have the same ones from the same seller and I’ve been very happy with their performance.

Well if your happy with them I’m sure I will be as well. I have no doubt in my mind that these are the real deal. That’s why I bought them. The seller seems very legit. And I trust him on what he told me.

KumaBear,

How much would 4 of these same Panasonic batteries cost me shipped that your selling? I may be interested in 4 more here soon. You can respond here or send me a pm. But I hear folks say your great to deal with. I thank you.

Brad

Here you go, ILF. Kumabear's Price List is in the second post.

Thank you.