I want a 730nm far red light

I have a 660nm D4Sv2, and it is not red enough, practically yellow! So I want to know where I can acquire a red light that is so red that people will see it and think their life is a lie because the color that they thought was red all these years is actually just green that stretched itself out to look bigger like you are supposed to do when you see a bear to scare it away so it doesn’t gobble you up and make you bleed your orange blood even though it is actually red blood but people light it up with their “red” flashlights that are still only orange because they have not seen the one true red that is actually far redder than they can probably even imagine because they have never seen such a red light because I do not have such an apotheosis of red light to show them because you are sitting there reading this instead of telling me where I can get a 730nm far red light!

tl;dr me has no 730nm me want 730nm

also other monochrome lights would be cool, like the bluest blue that isn’t purple, purplest purple that isn’t uv while you are at it, and greenest green that isn’t some abomination like an osram phosphor converted green that is actually just a greenish white that is barely greener than an sst20, and while you are at it throw innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn�����������������Error: An Error Has Occurred

I should go to bed

I linked a far red p60 drop-in here

Someone put a banggood link in the comments, which probably has better CS.

I google, amazon, ali, ebay searched for “730nm light” and that came up empty. So the quick answer is no. You will have to go the DIY route. Unless you want to lug around a plant growing light fixture.

Side note… have you had your eyes checked for color blindness? A 660nm red light that appears “practically yellow” sounds way off. It should not be that far off, and certainly should not be a yellow dominant color.

I only have 2 red lights and there’s no trace of yellow to my eyes. But admittedly I have no frame of reference by which to compare.

Good luck in your search though.

Congratulations Inexorabill, You have won the Longest sentence on BLF award! Your award will be sent to you in an alternate universe so you might not be able to see it but as long as it’s in your heart, that’s all that matters.

As for the red light, If you close your eyes and look at the sun, is that red enough? Or is that orange green stretched or whatever you call it.

1 Thank

I linked a pre-built 730nm red light.

Also, OP was joking about normal red being practically yellow. They were exaggerating, like when they said, “ So I want to know where I can acquire a red light that is so red that people will see it and think their life is a lie”

You can get a drop in here, and a host really anywhere.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4001322572711.html

Thanks for that link!! Some of my black shoes appear red-brown in bright sunlight with polarized sunglasses.

OP heres a P60 that will work.
http://kaidomain.com/KDLITKER-P6-TRI-Cree-XP-E2-Far-Red-730nm-800-Lumens-3V-9V-5-Mode-LED-Drop-in-Module?search=far%20red

Here is what my meter thinks is 5 lumens on Both 660nm and 730nm.

My eyes see the difference in brightness very obviously, the way this photo shows it:

bottom line is 730nm does not look bright, it is very dim and difficult to see, and if you want to impress people, it is a poor choice

I dont like 620nm, it is too orange

I recommend 660nm, it is RED

I only recommend 730nm for ninjas and deep tissue therapy, it very stealthy and no one will see what you are doing…

I strongly recommend you buy and try a Sofirn C01R 660nm 3 mode…

The C01R is excellent, and when people see you with it, they will realize that you are really savvy, sophisticated, and debonaire. Everyone will want to be your friend. The C01R Experience Will Change Your Life.

If you do not mind modding yourself, you can try buying Cree XPE2 far red (720nm) led and making your own:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233619776679?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

The voltage is very low so probably the best option is to use some sort of buck driver. One solution I think think of is if you use FW3A with loneoceans Lume1 driver, and replace the led with three XPE2 far red, and you should get a very special flashlight.

730nm flashlight for $17

Lol I am not colorblind or anything. This started as a legitimate request for a far red light, then my tired brain decided to run away with it and make a big joke.

I do have a 660nm D4Sv2, and it is indeed very red.
I mainly want a 730nm far red light just to experience how red they actually are, I understand that they are not very bright (but I wouldn’t mind a far red D18:)

1 Thank

Skip the red and go right for 850nm IR.

I ended up getting the the 730nm triple from Kaidomain and now my life is complete: http://kaidomain.com/KDLITKER-Triple-Cree-XP-E2-Far-Red-730nm-800-Lumens-Hunting-LED-Drop-in-Module?search=730

It is pretty dim though, definitely not 800 lumens, but it is almost infrared so our eyes aren’t very sensitive to it.

1 Thank

Nice. Is it noticeably redder than 660? Or just dimmer?

I have a DT8K with 730nm far red. It’s definitely dimmer, and I would say visibly redder, but less of a difference than 660 vs 620nm to my eyes.

It also drains a huge amount of battery for not that much light, heh

Hank can do far red by secret menu, probably the easiest way to get a far red light, I’d recommend a host with good thermal performance and a lot of LEDs as the efficiency and output is low.

1 Thank