I want to buy something! Name an item that everyone should have if it is a flashlight fine but what else?

I recommend buying a Leatherman Wave

as well as a good gun

this is my EDC, sorry for the S.J. intro...

A good quality claw hammer. Fixes everything, perfect weapon and never goes out of fashion.

You need a Rolex Submariner...

hmmm, if I were to be dropped in the middle of nowhere w/ only 1 thing, it would be this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002JT0BO/ref=asc_df_B0002JT0BO1864467?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0002JT0BO

of course, if nowhere ended up being the desert, i'd wish it had been this

http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-M-U-L-Hydration-Pack-Black/dp/B00437Z1LE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1326827081&sr=8-4

Hmmm... I really need a hatchet. Now I'm going to have to guy buy one. Thanks for bringing that to my attention dthrckt. Yell

Tongue Out

Buy yourself a vacation .

You can't go wrong with that hatchet. Mine is over 20 years old. We throw it at trees when camping (and inevitably there is the occasional miss and impact w/ rock). It throws so easily that people that haven't even used a hatchet before start sticking it after a few tries. You can sharpen it to cut like a knife and still chop wood w/ very infrequent sharpening.

Reinforce the the inside of the sheath where the blade sits so it doesn't slice it, rub some mink oil into it so it doesn't hold moisture against the steel and that tool will be in your will...

Have you been living without a hatchet?!

No wonder you felt the need to buy something!

This.

I second that! My ol'faithfull Leatherman SuperTool is EDC from day of purchase, has served me on countless occasions, I'm so used to have it on my belt that I feel "naked" when cannot wear it! (For example, my wife forbidden me to wear it on our marriage day.. )

I'll go with Karate Monkey!

Or, of course, a Swisschamp

Nice find! :D

I've always wanted a mini gun

An AK47 preferably a MAK90 or SSR85 but any that is built straight and is functional will do, and 1000 rounds of ammo is a good start. Oh and some duct tape lol.

Here are a few of my toys.

@ BlueBeam

Wow!

Are you freely allowed to buy such machine gun in the USA?? Really??

I know buying guns is much easier there than here, but was thinking that the allowed guns and rifles are limited to sport, hunt and self defense weapons only, not also military items

Yes but in America it is a semi auto not a fully auto. It is perfectly legal and I have owned many. I am all about the M4 these days as my personal rifle. Thanks guys for all the ideas and the wise cracks..I got a couple of ideas. The calender key chain was the big winner in my book so far!

Rockspider I am sure all you would have to do is cross the Adriatic and you could come how with any rifle you fancy..

Yes we can own machine guns in the US. It only cost 200 bucks for the tax stamp after you pass a background check and fill out all the paperwork. The problem is machine guns are very expensive...about 12,000 bucks for a cheap decent one! I have friends that have them. Mine are only semiautomatic though and anyone of legal age can own one as long as they pass a background check.

@ Stolikat

Yes but none of them could be legally imported in Italy.

Here Ex-Army or ancient (WWI, WWII, etc) weapons are allowed only in collectable non-operational form, and for non-operational I mean that they have been broken inside on vital parts, or locked or disabled or welded shut, to a point of behiond repair. Collectable as shelf items only, no other possible use

It's a pity, it would be fun to try some old famous irons at the shooting range.

@ BlueBeam

Did not know. Thanks for the info