Ignore user feature

I’m seeing it and I agree.

Reading further, here is the best voice of reason. We can and do have different opinions, that makes everything fun.

PM sent. Please reply within the PM and leave the forum out of this.

Thank you.

Again, my sincere apologies to the admin and other members.

Lol :bigsmile:

:smiley: HAHAHA you’re laughing to yourself, hahah, ha…… oh :expressionless:

That made me laugh for a solid minute. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for not returning sooner. I was a bit afraid to click. ;_;

I did not envisage it would be used as much as Sb imagined. In that case it would be horrid. But it has some use; for example on another forum two members would argue at every opportunity. Whilst it never broke the rules it really wasn’t fun reading those threads.

Unless it is glaringly offensive or trolling, I find it is usually too late, and harder to ignore after you have “ingested.” It’s a thing about the internet, it may not be face to face interaction but there are real people at the other end of the things we post. So much can be misintepreted. It is hard to know the tone/spirit sometimes.

P.S. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu 2014 world tour has sold out here, so I probably will not be able to see her perform. :_(

If your near enough to London you could show up & try the ticket scalpers at the venue. I’ve got fabulous front row tickets very cheap by hitting scaplers after the pre-show has just started. At that point they need to move what they haven’t managed to sell at higher earlier prices.
KPP concert videos look crazy, fun crazy. Would need to make a color fading lightstick using a color XM-L (or three). :bigsmile:

For the most part, I like how BLF operates. I have sometimes really wanted a “like” button though, to let someone know I found their post interesting/useful/funny without cluttering the thread with a simple “lol” or “thanks” post. It could also provide a basis for a thread summary view, with only the most-liked comments shown.

It might also be nice to have a “dislike” button, but I suspect the social ramifications of that might outweigh the occasional benefit.

The “dislike” button is interesting if only the administrator can see it.
It would give him insight as to who the chronic complainers and complainees are.

Thats an interesting thought… especially if an IP and user name is attached to the vote to spot abuse.

Thats just a simple report post feature.

I have a simple solution we could all have our own private forum and sit in the corner talking to our selves, about hte trolls we used to have to put up with.

I am ignoring you and your
ugly little unprovoked PM

Thank you

There have been all sorts of user-sourced moderation systems created in the past couple decades… for example, slashdot added a moderation system with moderators randomly chosen on a daily basis, and then they soon had to add a meta-moderation system to deal with people who abused their moderator privileges. The end result turned out okay, but it was pretty convoluted. Newer sites have usually chosen simpler approaches, like reddit’s up/down voting system which would sort posts and comments by overall score, age, and velocity (and maybe other factors too). Amazon does something similar, but heavily de-emphasizes “controversial” posts which have both plus and minus votes, favoring instead the posts that people mostly agreed about.

And then there’s facebook. Just a ‘like’ button (plus algorithms to choose posts to display based on the number of likes, the velocity of activity on the post, the age, similarity to surrounding posts, etc). A lot of people don’t like it, but it seems to be the method which causes the least drama.

All of the above give people a social incentive to post things others will like, basically gamifying the process of posting content.

I don’t know if BLF would benefit from a comment-rating system or not. If such a thing is added though, I hope the method used will be one which isn’t prone to drama. The relaxed culture here seems central to the site’s appeal and success.

sometimes people just misunderstood words…

I think keyboards/phones should be fitted with a breathalyser……

seriously though, what happened to the calm and happy forum I left? who are all these people I dont recognise and who the hell can even find something to actually abuse chloe over, never mind then find the will to do so? if that’s not a case for bringing down the ban hammer with a vengeance, I don’t know what is!

(I dont want to say how many times I had to edit swearing out of that tiriade, but insert an expletive of choice between each word and you might just get close).

That brings up a good point Gords, self editing. This is something we all should do more of.