Illumn is now on Ebay

Thanks man. Appreciate it. I wish I had more pictures of my work from that job, but I don’t. Did you work on Long Island at all? BTW, I was born in Brooklyn in 1952, moved to LOng Island whe I was 3. Lived here ever since.

I ran web offset presses for almost 50 years. Mostly Heidelberg Harris M1000. Also ran some Harris M110.

Glenn, you should come out of retirement. The IT industry could use a guy like you

I’ll add my voice on the Moon RC2, great light, amazing form factor.

Wow, Robert looks like a scene from a B rated horror movie! BTW, I may be retired but I still do work on occasion mostly for myself around the house kind of stuff like this volume control I made for my PC. It’s simple but clean. It drives a power amp directly instead of using the Windows software volume control. Sounds much better this way.

I case you haven’t noticed, the volume control was slightly off center by a 1/16th of an inch. I’ve since corrected that.

I love it even though the UI could be better. No big deal really.

This is quite sad… I bought my Armytek headlamp from your GB and it was the smoothest GB I have been through. I can’t change other people’s mind but in most cases I’d rather pay a few extra dollars to receive top notch CS and fast delivery time.

Indeed, i don’t like the UI either and i wish it was brighter, moddable, battery replaceable and programmable but it does kick butt. Its become my most used flashlight

Sam here Will. Calvin gave us a great price and the fastest shipping possible. The Chinese group buys are a gamble. If you received damaged goods, what recourse do you have? I’d rather pay a few extra dollars to know I’ll be taken care of if there’s a problem.

It would be nice if we could replace the battery with a 3500 mAh Panasonic 18650. As far as brightness, it’s bright enough for it’s intended purpose. Concidering the $10.99 I spent on it, I can’t complain at all

I agree, once the battery goes its a throwaway light (unless powered by a powerbank, it can run while being charged which is a bonus).
I can’t complain either but if they can improve future versions i would be thrilled, and its never bright enough, there is always more lumens to be had :smiley:

Very cool man. It a small world after all. I never ran presses, I only fixed the electrial end of them. To be perfectly honest, I never knew Heidelberg made offest presses. The only ones I’ve ever seen were sheet fed. I was aware of Harris presses, but I’ve never seen one in the 30 years I’ve been in the industry. My company only delt with Didde Glaser style offset web presses

Im a big Illumn fan
Im super happy with this PT-16 from them:

discount code and more pics in this post

I also got these gorgeous pink Nichias from them

Joe, thanks for responding to this thread. I hope others do as well. All I want is for Craig and Calvin to do well in this very competitive world. They deserve it because they take care of their customers, and they’re super nice guys as well.

My understanding was that Heidelberg bought out Harris. Not sure exactly when. I also ran a few Didde Glasers. Like you, I don’t miss it.

I like to keep my identity private. If I told you the company I worked for, I would easily be identified. That said, I was well known worldwide in the industry for trouble shooting anything we made, including anything Didde Glaser made up until their model 860. It’s something I’m proud of privately. That said, I chose to go on with my life away from the industry I once worked for.

I can certainly respect your desire for privacy.

Thanks man. I’ve been offered repair work ever since I retired. I’m just not interested anymore. I’m sure you know some of these presses can be extremely dirty, electrics covered in grease, oil, and sometimes ink. I’m just not into getting my hands dirty anymore. I did enjoy the wiring part though.

I have, and still, work for a newspaper. Been there 30 years.
Our web presses are Goss. I am not a Pressmen, but run machinery in the inserting part of the industry.
We had a sheet fed print shop but that was shut down. the 4 color Ryobi presses were given away. It was a 3 man shop and I was good friends with 2 of the guys. Once the biggest job they did was out-sourced, it was realized how expensive it was. Easily covered the three guys after the 3rd month of orders. I guess anything can be made to look beneficial on paper, but hard to meet reality from projections on paper.

[quote Thanks man. Appreciate it. I wish I had more pictures of my work from that job, but I don’t. Did you work on Long Island at all? BTW, I was born in Brooklyn in 1952, moved to LOng Island whe I was 3. Lived here ever since.[/quote]

Never did any work on LI
Everything was in Utica, NY

Still have to take care of a few people once in a while.