Iluminated Tailcap + Adding memory to a flashlight

So I pulled the led array out of an iphone screen and powered it with 7.4v. The leds light up very dim(which is good). The ribbon cable is flexible and fits perfectly around the switch right behind the GITD rubber cap. Im going to connect the positive to the spring and the negitive to housing shorting out the spring. Hopefully the current isnt enough to turn on the main led in my flashlight. I will add pictures afterwards.
Im doing this in a supfire L3 flashlight with a FET driver and a XHP70.

The leds are in 4s2p config I got them from this ->http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPhone-5C-5S-LCD-Display-Screen-Backlight-Film-Replacement-Parts-/281363370356?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4182905174

EDIT (results)
Flashlight im working on

Tail cap parts laid out (tailcap is a green GITD cap)

Strip that I am using

The leds on this strip only emit light from the front, Perfect for lighting up a tailcap

LED’s Inside the tail cap

After putting the switch holder in

Soldering the flex (left side is negitive and connected to housing, right side is positive and connected to terminal coming from spring)

Final test before reassembling tail cap (I chose to only use 3 leds)

Video of the result

The leds turn off when the light is on
If your flashlight does not have memory this will make it have memory (pick up from where it was turned off, a resistor also will do the trick)
The main led remains off when the tailcap leds are added in (shorting the switch)

I will add current draw and more info when I leave this light on overnight.

Video fixed

Really cool! Thanx for sharing

Cool idea using led’s from the screen array.

If you haven’t already done so, check out these 2 threads. You might find some good info.