I'm back. And obviuosly i need some advices (ITP A3 and XENO E03)

+1 on the Balder SE-1 T6 XM-L, have the Xeno XM-L NW but much prefer the Balder because of the clip, forward clicky and better ergonomics (imo)

Also my Xeno has started to flicker although it hasn´t seen much use, almost none since I got my Balder...

Can also recommend the Olight i1 EOS XM-L, a crazy bright wall of floody light!

I run it on 16340, not recommended by manufacturer, but not for longer periods on high though.

The clip on the i1 is very stiff.

You're damn right.. I think i'll steal it (if i can!).

Thanks everyone!

Itp a3 is because i need the smallest/brightest AAA flashlight and R5 SS version seems to have these qualities

I also want a compact AA flashlight with XML and Xeno seems to be good. Also Balder SE-1 seems to fit my needs but Xeno seems to be better build. AA and AAA cells are easy to found and i don't need a charger everytime.

Budget is 30$ each but the problemi is find them. I found SS itp a3 only on ebay and Xeno only on HKE...

Thanks for the hint:

- TRj12 is well over my budget (but yes, i want it!)
- P1A is really good but i need a XML (flood needed!)
- SP11 seems really a good alternative!
- Illumina is gorgeous but over my budget

kreisler where you bought Itp and Xeno?

Thanks again

Hi Davx, you've been out of town for too long of a time otherwise you would know by now that the kreisler nick is rated "not trustworthy" on this friendly forum so i shouldnt comment in detail on ..etc.. (haha. not funy)

okok, the itp (titanium) i got from ebay (won auction, 31$), the xeno i got from HKE. Okay light but too expensive (as i agreed with forum members in PM's) for what it is, very primitive construction (a 21.5mmØ tube, 2-parts, no anti-rolling, no clip, nada nada) with no mode memory, flickery reverse clicky, and definitely *not* impact resistant (although i never commented upon this issue earlier in detail) despite the company video series on factory's PVC grounds). i am still wondering why the xeno is (still) so popular on cpfmp (bumped by the one US seller ;=) and elsewhere.

I am not into Balder lights. I look at their optical design esthetics and then ***e (sorry, no offense).

i do have the DQG Tiny III on my purchase list (see Vectrex below). The TIR lens must be marvelous (see Fenix E05, Preon P0)! till then my favorite 1x AAA lights are Fenix LD01 and Tank E09.

ITP SS is available at LT and FP ... according to NG-shopping there are discounts available for both shops. I still urge you to take a look at the DQG III ... smallest SS keychain light on the planet with that kind of output and lightweight while being SS.... this is coming from a ITP A3 (both XP-G R5 and XR-E Q5), Maratac AAA SS owner. It is really a game changing light for the keychain ... I have the DQG tiny II. (great review btw) You asked what changed in the meantime you were away ... and I can wholeheartedly say ... "the DQG came to the market". Just look at the weight difference to the ITP... and both are SS. Granted there are brighter AAA lights, but 60 Lumen with that very useful beam from a TIR optic makes it perfect for the keychain imho.

copyright by HKJ

Just look at the bulky copper AAA (Maratac/ITP/Olight/TI Illuminati size) at the right.

The only reason not to get a DQG is when you need a clip or can't afford it.

Hiya Dav, I am a newbie, just learning the ropes around here, and loving it!!

BTW, my ex-girlfriend lives in Italy... Dam, hope the wifee is not reading this thread!!

Ok, got it kreisler=evil!

By the way, i make some comparison (dimension, output, price...) and the nominees are:

1)AAA

DQG II but i have two question. Where i can find it? DQG III is always AAA? When it will be ready?

2)AA

XENO e03 for build quality and dimension
BALDER se-01 for price and performance (where to buy it?)

What do you think?

Welcome back DAVX

Buy all three

DQG tiny can be bought from CNQualitygoods. Was an AA model but I prefer the aaa. Hoping on a 18650 some day

Good to have you back, Davx.

Hi Davx,

there are/were several DQGs in SS out

The 1AA/14500 in XP-G and XP-E in CW/NW 3-mode, which are still available:

DQG AA CREE XP-G R4NW/R5CW 1xAA/14500

DQG AA CREE XP-E R4CW/R2NW 1xAA/14500

And the 1AAA versions with XP-G 2-mode, which are both sold out:

DQG II World smallest CREE XP-G R5 CW AAA

DQG II World smallest CREE XP-G R4 NW AAA

But according to this thread there will be a new run of the 1AAA (DQG III or new improved DQG II) version pretty soon. It will be produced in TI and SS, if I understood Ric from CNQG (is also a member here on BLF) right and the number will be limited at ~100 pcs. So it will be kind of hard to get one, I am thinking about putting down money upfront just to reserve one. While my DQG II is certainly the best 1AAA keychain light in my collection ... it has a major flaw... it eats an o-ring per battery change. I already ordered a bunch of spare ones, but it is frustrating none the less. The new improved DQG II/III is addressing that problem, if I understand the CPF discussion correctly by providing a dedicated O-ring groove. These lights are made by one man ... Duqingang, or George. I own the DQG II AAA R4 NW with glow dot, because I don't like the magnet option.

Thanks again. I'll contact Ric to see IF and WHEN there will be a new batch.

Damn... I want that light NOW! It's your fault Vectrex! You make me fall in love with a sold out flashlight!

Meanwhile i'll go with AA light. Where i can find best price for XENO E03? HKE?
And for Balder se-1?

It will be worth the wait... my only fear is that it will be sold out in a day ... and of course I will be the only one who missed it. If you get any additional info... pls post it here.

HKE seems like a good idea for the Xeno. Directly on their website or try to "make an offer" on their Ebay store... you wanted absolute flood, right?

CNQ and IO have the Balder, you aren't easily disturbed by low PWMs?

I wrote to ric to have some fresh news. As soon as i get an answer i'll publish here. I have your same fear... Let's hope we are wrong!

I read some review about balder and i see it use low pwm... Is really that bad? Damn.. I hate PWM...

So it's decided: XENO e03 (i need something floody and NW or WW) and DQG II AAA (cross the finger).

I do own the Xeno E03 XP-G R5 CW... I had to switch out the clicky in the beginning, because I had flickering problems. They were gone after I switched the clicky with the spare one provided in the package. HKE is cool, they even offered to send an additional spare clicky. The balder seems to sometimes also suffer from bad switches... I will never understand why manufacturers are willingly sending spare clickies instead spending an extra dollar on the installed one to get higher quality. I don't use my E03 as often as I thought I would be... an improvement was adding a Fenix LD-20 clip and that standard Fenix diffusers (same head diameter of 21.5 mm as the LD10 etc) fit it perfectly... so I use mine mainly as clip-on lantern for working on near-field stuff. For traditional flashlight use on NiMHs I mainly grab my Hugsby P31/P32/ Klarus P1A, but they might be too throwy for your taste.

While you were gone

..and now, Paisley=Spam.

Welcome back, DaveX!!

Thanks again for warm "welcome back"! Thanks also for "coocking tips"... This evening a 1$ flashligh (only half body) and a UF 501 take a trip to my oven and that's what i got:

The 501 seems made of copper! It's wonderful!

DQG III pre-order is online btw

Thanks. Ric answer me this morning. This is his message:

"It can be pre-ordered in our website. DQG III AAA is flawless compared to DQG II AAA.

CW

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1053

NW

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1076

It's a limited batch of 200. Can be sold out very quick. You can pre-order it if you do not mind waiting 7-10 days.

Thanks

RIC"

Obviously i've already pre-ordered it!! Thanks again for the hint and for the link!

I don't know if you already ordered the E03, but this thread might be a good read. From what you described the E03 might still be, what you are looking for.... but just as a reference point.