I'M IN SEARCH OF BEST FLASHLIGHT UNDER--$30 ?

What’s the BEST flashlight under $30 usd with shipping included ?
If possible , also have all of the following qualifications.
1-Best or longest Throw
2-Most Flood
3-Brightest/Lumens
4-Uses different battery sizes—26650 , 18650 , 16340 , AA, AAA , etc.

Is such a light available ?

there always willbe a better one so “most flood” and “best throw” with “brightest lumens” capable of using all cells from AA to 26650 sizes for under $30?
I want one, so subbed :wink:

The Manker U11 or the Sunwayman C22C get my vote, you can find them at around $30

How interesting

~20
26650 / 18650 cells fit, so with holders AAA and maybe even AA will as well
bright

and for throw
The Warson X65 is a zoomie, throws ok and it comes with a AA holder so also possibletu use multiple sized cells.

XinTD/Convoy X3 would be my pick for those features listed.

Somebody wants to have it all in one flashlight, and that just can’t happen for the price limit given even if you build it yourself. Compromise is always involved- “best throw” and “best flood” are mutually exclusive terms although “zoomies” try to make that happen, and some do OK but none are “best” at either one. Brightest lumens may not get you the kind of usable light you need if CRI matters or if the beam pattern is wrong. And lumens numbers tell you little about throw or whether they’re all in the beam pattern or lost in the spill. Multi-cell-size is do-able but only offered in a few lights which may not excel at the other criteria. You can buy or make cell-holders though, so that’s more flexible that you might initially think.

I’d suggest deciding what matters the most and to be willing to lose what you need the least- then you’ll find a light you’ll not be disappointed in. It’s kind of like choosing a girlfriend: there is beauty, there is emotional stability, and there is intelligence but you can only have 2. Pick what matters most to you and learn to live without the rest :slight_smile:

Phil

Nice!

I think cheapest I could find was Fasttech with 41USD. Others were way off

For my part I’ll stick with my answer (#2) and question (#8) from last time: 202bigmike - What’s The Best Flashlight with most Lumens , Brightest & Throw—under $30 ? :wink:

Granted that the flashlight situation has changed a bit in the intervening year, I still don’t think that “Best throw, Most Flood, Brightest” is satisfied better by any other <$30 light.

xintd C8 or convoy c8 host with basic linear driver and xml2

Best throw and best flood can’t exist at the same time, and if it does it won’t be pocketable.

However you can get the best compact thrower for <$30, that is the C8 with XP-L HI and a FET+1 driver, but it requires some modding, for best stock light at that price I agree on the manker U11.

Luckysun BLF D80 is a very nice light too, compact, throwy and very decent flood, at just $20.

Ok Ok no need for shouting, but, you know that flood and throw are on opposite sides of the scale

So, answer to a trick question

would be: no.
:slight_smile: you’re welcome

In my OP , when asking for the best light with the qualities

of numbers 1-4 and under $30. I’m meaning a light that has

the best combination of those things all rolled into it ! Some

of you have made very good suggestions about which light

meets that criteria. Thank you for your help. There might be

more thoughts on some other lights that can maybe come up

to speed or get close to it , so to speak.

I think the broad range of cells will make it most difficult. It’s best to pick one cell type then go from there. For 18650 my vote goes to the X6.

Well, there are zoomies.

Rant: I hate zoomies. They combine the worst characteristics of throw with the worst characteristics of flood to form the perfect “compromise beam” for consumers who are uncertain of their needs.

In contrast, I love zoomies. Sure there are some drawbacks, but a well made/modified zoomy can do some amazing things that normal reflectored lights can’t fathom. :slight_smile:

I think if you break it down by category the best stock thrower under $30 is the xintd c8. With honorable mentions to the convoy c8, warsun ct9t, and the blf d80.

Those also fall into the most lumens.

The convoy s series make great high lumen flooders.

As for smaller lights.

The blf 348 is king of the AAA/10440.but I do like the thorfire and thrunite penlights as well.

Thorfire tg06, thrunite t10 are great AA/14500 light.

For cr123 I like the thrunite Archer 1c. I don’t own many 1c lights.

But I think if you want a good hi lumen light that is pocketable and has a good balance of throw and flood, and good long runtime low modes the best lights are thorfire vg10 and convoy m2

Just to make my OP battery selection easier , the light
only has to be able to use 1—3 of the battery types listed.
Might that make suggestions about which light has the best
of the other stuff simpler :question:

Rather than buy junk why not invest in an Olight S1 or S2 Baton with coupon code + whatever price you get and say to yourself “plus an additional $30 off because I didn’t waste it on a cheapie.”