I'm searching for Astrolux S3 body (or BLF x5) black. Body only...

+100 hope the Atrolux S3 will become available in host form.

We will add the host
let me know your requests

I started this thread so I’m the first in for one…

Depending ot the price, I want around 20 :wink: Im thining of $15 pp. Do you have any indication on the price?

If you could sell the Blf X5 / Astrolux S3 host would be great . Around 15$

The Astrolux S3 host is up for pre-order at $14.99! Copper host $26.99…

They have the S3 host only for $18.99. A bit much since the S2 is only $15.

Hi Rufusbduck. If I apply the 25% coupon from Martin I get to:

• SC -> $26.25
  • S2 -> $14.99
  • S3 -> $14.24

They don’t sell pieces that way, you’d have to buy both and swap.

> just the copper head. The bezel and tube in aluminium.

I recall some mention the threads do not “Lego” between the copper and aluminum pieces.
Someone will remember …

ps, the host comes with nothing in the tailcap, just the plastic button and retaining ring apparently.
No PC board, no switch. It’d take finding the right driver with bleeder resistor and the right switch board to make the tailcap glow.
Else a plain big sturdy spring would make it a twisty, I guess.

Anyone got those parts?

Doesn’t the BLF X5/X6 driver include all these parts?
I mean it does include the tail switch with led, doesn’t it?

No when you buy the X5/X6 driver, that’s all you get. No switch assembly.

The switch assembly for the lighted tailcap can be made but you have to have a pretty steady hand. The parts are really small and are challenging to solder.

> they do Lego

Most do, but check every combination you have if you’re curious.

Individual variation among parts, even of exactly the same light, is rather significant.
I noted that in the “what Legos with what?” thread.

I have several times tried to “Lego’ the various parts of three or four flashlights — identical model — and found some combinations of threads were loose, some squeaky tight, and one or two simply wouldn’t work.

My theory is that, at assembly, they have a bin of heads, a bin of tubes, and a bin of tailcaps, and they screw with them until they have a complete set of three, then send that on — tossing back any pieces that are too loose or too tight, to retry.

So most of the parts fit fairly well together, but there are a few on near and far edges of tolerance that when put together won’t behave well.

It’s reassuring to see how very tolerant … no, don’t let me get snarky (whack) …

EDIT — quoted Sharpie’s info in the What Legoes With What thread

Chuckle. I’d like to believe it’s all well understood and best practices followed.
Like I said, what I have in my hands is just evidence for what I have, not for a general statement about everything similar.
Which, sadly, cuts both ways as to what legoes with what. Until we have someone with a few thousand parts and time to do the proper QA/QC and the statistics.
As should happen, of course, and will eventually. At least for the big stuff like aircraft and fission power stations.

Wikipedia:

As with so much human history, the question may be what did we know, and when did we quit knowing it.

Sounds like out of tolerance threads.

Found a battery tube that fits the X5 head threads — though it doesn’t light up.
Threads aren’t quite long enough to reach the ground ring.
EDIT, dropped an extra driver retaining ring in to fill the gap and it lights up fine.

It’s a loose end labeled “OPTILED” I bought from somewhere in what must have been a drunken evening (and I don’t even drink)

It’s a 1xAA battery tube and tailcap with an impossibly deeply recessed switch, no head.

I have no idea why I bought it. I’ll figure out where I got them and come back.

Yo ho ho, another victory for sedimentary organizing.
Just dig down to the appropriate stratum and

Dang! they’re sold out. I’m sorry.

Well, this is that — maybe they will have more (unlikely) or you can find something equivalent elsewhere…

http://www.kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S022509

I bought an S3 host (aluminum) back when they were selling them, and it came with a lighted tailswitch.

Today I got an S2 host (aluminum) in the mail. No tailswitch.

If they’re going to sell them without switches then they should sell the switches (both lighted and unlighted) and the driver that makes the lighted tail cap work as well. Otherwise the host should include the switch since it’s not normally a part of which you choose different kinds like a driver or led.