Imalent DX80 32000 lumen monster

Just unreal. Thats why I love high output flooders. Now with the DX80, the output is so high there is a good amount of throw just from the beastly lumen output. From the different sources I have heard, we’re talking 120-140kcd. That is just awesome for a floodlight. If this light is reliable long term, it will be a huge success.

I still think they should switch from OP to SMO. The 70.2 is really good in those. You’d tighten the focus a bit and get even more distance.

I have thought about this and it would be interesting! Surely there is a reason why they don’t do it. Maybe there would be more tint shift across the beam or something.

No doubt DX80 is great flooder and very decent thrower too. Thanks for the beamshots.

The video is a bit blurry as rainwater got on the lense, at the time I thought it was the brightness washing everything out, doh!

I placed a diffuser on my X45 and DX70 and ran the ceiling bounce app with it calibrated to 14,900 lumens for the X45, when I measured the DX70 it showed 32,000 lumens bang on as I looked across to the app. The peak was recorded at 34,000 but it must have been for a millisecond at turn on.

The other night I was in the basement laundry room trying to run the battery down a little so I could do my charge test. My wife was in the “Library” (TV Room) :laughing: when all of a sudden I heard her scream, “what was that!”
I ran upstairs to see what was the matter and asked “what was what?”
She said she saw a big flash of light come from the hallway behind her. It lit up the room for a split second.
I had to laugh, I realized it was me with my light. :sunglasses:
Apparently, while I was at 32,000 lumen I must have swung the light such that even though I was at one end of the house in the basement and she at the other on the first floor, some light must have bounced up the cellar stairwell, down an L-shaped hallway and into the Library!
THAT never happened before! LOL

I am having so much FUN with this thing!!!

BTW, my wife makes me store it in a fireproof safe. Actually, that’s a very good idea.

LOL! The fun of being a flashaholic :wink:

The hole part is the highest temperature.Intelligent temperature control,over 68℃.
Automatically tracks the highest and lowest temperatures and displays them on the up left and right sides of the screen.
The center of the top of the screen is the center temperature.
Later on Miller request, I will perform the temperature verification by closing the hole.
In order to eliminate individual variability, measure the same individual.

Great video!
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It appears that components on the driver get the hottest?
Could be the weakest link. The video ran for 5 minutes, I am assuming you first ran the light at 32,000?
And then at some point the thermal cutoff kicked in and the driver reduced the output to 13,000?
Then the temperature levels off.

No, the hottest part on camera was the internal heatsink visable through the cooling holes.

Heatsink hitting 68c and I wonder how hot internally.

Gearbest has started shipping the flashlights (to Germany).

Hm, what about a magazine​ of ice cubes or a tank for liquid cooling?

Why not liquid helium? :expressionless:

No, let’s keep it simple (to start with at least) and use a fan.
I’m actually surprised that no manufacturer haven’t already tried it.

It is measurement with TURBO (32,000 lm).There was a lack of explanation :slight_smile:
In the video,around 2minutes 16seconds, 68℃(part of the hole) illumination down occurs.
It seems that setting is generally around 65℃~70℃.
Charging will not be accepted at the consumption level of this test.Charging this light has a slight sense of incongruity.

There have already been actively cooled lights.

Link please

You want me to share my secret list of air cooled flashlights?

Okay, I know of 3.

There is the Olight X9 prototype of course.

Then there is the FB1 flashlight.

Then there is the MS2010-2d80-7 x Xpl.

https://m.ru.aliexpress.com/s/item/32342066665.html

^ I think Microfire had a light with an internal fan as well. No intake and outtake though!

Thanks!