Imalent MS18 - 100k flashlight ?

i liked the early x70 design too, but then they got a bit crazy with the lumens war i guess felt pressure from imalent, shame it looked promising then that big external fan handle lol…

I am fairly sure the MS12 will hold 15k lumens for the complete battery cycle

That’s great. But then it’s a 15k lumens light that has a 100k turbo… NOT a 100k lumens light with a 15k low…

but we are talking imalent here, they present a light that does very briefly the highest , imo its wrong to sell lights under such conditions… shall be interesting see the specs once they post them how long on highest… place your bets. Im just having a hard time the understand the few potential buyers of this light, whats the fun having a very short turbo mode? seems not useful imo.

This is great fun 8 seconds at a time…if it had Turbo maybe 6 seconds at a time :smiley:

Just sayin…

Don’t get me wrong - I love a good turbo. Even for a brief time. But they’re marketing to the idiots - the ones that buy it becauae it makes them cool, then sell it for half 2 weeks later o. eBay.

Really, unless I’m maybe doing a search-and-rescue, out of a helicopter, I don’t have use for 100k lumens. I can hike in the woods and 150-200 lumens is morethan enough. It’s cool to light up an area briefly to scan itthen drop back down to a more reasonable level.

This should be known by now as several people own them.

I’ve seen this same comment many times over the years so please don’t think I’m picking on you, but semantics aside, what would you prefer? That’s the definition of Turbo. Even a 4-cyl Turbo car is marketed based on peak HP and Torque, who would be crazy and market it otherwise. We all know peak is not all the time, again by definition, and by our admission we don’t need peak at all times. I just don’t see why this point gets beat to death, what would you prefer? It’s not dishonesty at all.

A car is different, because once you get up to a certain speed it takes less horsepower to maintain said speed.

It’s different on a flashlight - ou must continuously punp a certain amount of juice to maintain a certain lumens level. The LED manufacturers themselves rate their LEDs on a typical current and voltage, NOT the max current and max operating temperature.

Like I said before, those that fo know what the deal is will buy this light anyway. It’s the uninformed that they’re marketing to, and balatantly duping, which doea more harm than good to the industry I feel. But hell, does it matter? Imalent will take your money and run regardless, untill we repeat the same cycle with an MS24…

Problem is if no one buys the light, they just won’t continue making the same type of light because they have no idea the reason why they don’t sell. I think the most effective is if you email them and tell them you will not buy it because you want (e.g., NW emitters, higher sustained modes, external usb charging, proximity sensor, active temperature regulation, etc.)

+1 to SKV89.

Our voices need to be heard.

we could have both, you know.

Imalent’s strategy is marketing.

Do you know how many DX80s have been sent to reviewers/Youtubers?

It’s insane how much attention Imalent got that way.

While the MS18/MS12/DX80 may seem completely unnecessary, they are called Halo products, designed to bolster the value of the brand.

1000W to the LEDs, guess 1050W total driver as it needs to be efficient, 50W heat on batteries

and then a cooling tunnel that may cool an old Intel pentium 4 properly?
Ever seen those huge air coolers that manage to cool a 300W overclocked CPU, bigger than the whole head of this driver?

and yes 1050W from 8 21700 is 131W per battery, assume they drop to 3.6V we got 36.5A

Doable with Samsung 30Ts.

What’s the biggest most powerful driver you’ve ever made?

Would it be possible to make a 300W 8S buck driver for 30 000 lumen regulated output, with a FET for max power?

18650 5S/2P —> 13.4V 30A —>400W @97% efficiency

Look don’t give Lexel any more projects… I’m still hoping he gets the CFT-90 driver project off the shelf! :smiley:

this week busy about 30 hours just alone with Matemineco 2 new projects and redesigned MF01 Aux board rev 3.1

Let me know how that works for you. It’s got to hit home first, before they realize. Problem is they are selling them to the world outside BLF, and the World is buying them. I have talked with engineers at Surefire on the phone and they would Love to produce high to extreme out put lights, problem is, that is not what they are directed to do. Take Harley Davidson, they are just now coming out with a 117c.i. motor when we the community were running them back in 1999?

Do you think they really care what members of BLF think, they are too big of a player to care and are being directed from up above. WE at BLF had tried that years ago with Supbeam/Acebeam before during and after the X60 GB. It’s good to have the smaller manufactures care, listen and take in suggestions, advise like Lumintop, Sofirn and others. But even then it can be an uphill battle in three feet of mud.

Let them realize, which I doubt very much, then come and ask…. :wink: In the mean time help the smaller manufactures to succeed in their endeavors.

Release date please.