IMO, knurling, fins, crenellations, multi-sides, faceting, has gone OUT OF CONTROL.....

This one is pretty extreme:

Here are others which I find nice and not too over the top:

I got one of these in gunmetal. Beam’s kinda ringy, but doesn’t suck nearly as bad as hotwire Mags.

Now that’s a nice design…

You’re one interesting man, Endy. Veeeeeeeery interesting. :sunglasses: :beer:

Yeah, Led Lensers. They’ve always kept it pretty dang minimalist and clean. In fact to this very day I EDC a David 19. Wonderful clean design IMO. Of course I also EDC two other simarlarly sized lights for different lumen applications. All of them in the same Led Lenser David 19 little style holsters. The David’s momentary switch is so DAMN useful too that I can’t imagine the illumination of life without it. :heart_eyes:

Hmmmmm and all that in gunmetal. Superb taste! :+1: :beer:

Pisses me off, though, ’cause  a) they don’t make the 3×AA anymore, and  b) no more gunmetal that I’ve seen, just the usual red/green/black/etc.

That was a decent enough light, for a Mag. The usual Doughnut Hole Of Death when opened up to flood was fairly minimal, considering.

Tempted to do a fake Match Mod on it, have it just on/off but stick a nice TIR in it.

Isn’t it amazing that oft times the REALLY GOOD SH*T IN LIFE is discontinued/deleted and replaced with crap? I see this at Costco all the time. :laughing:

Here’s another IMO budget quality bargain little zoomie I’ve grown to like and will potentially mod up.

Notice how clean and minimalist compared to the SK68’s over the top machining. Take off the clip and IMO it gets even better. Stash the clip somewhere for when you really need it which is mostly rarely.

Yet it grips plenty fine enough and holsters beautifully without having snagville Heaven.

Beam0’s excellent review…….

Very clean and minimalist. Looks like it would fit perfectly in my bathroom to hold my toilet paper roll in the dispenser.

Ya know I wonder sometimes why I bother coming to this place but THERE ARE moments like this when I realize why.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I prefer some knurling. But it shouldn’t be too aggressive. I want enough to to give good grip, but not so much that it tears up my pocket.

However, I find perfectly smooth tubes with no knurling to be uncomfortable too. They feel like they are going to squirt out of my hand at any moment. I’m not a fan of the Aluminum Emisar D4’s completely smooth body tubes. First thing I did on mine was install Talon Grip Tape to provide a better grip.

I dislike crenelated heads and tailcaps. I don’t think I’m going to beat zombies over the head with a Sipik 68, so why would I need a crenelated head on it? All it does is make for an uncomfortable feel in the pocket.

Exackery. You get it, you understand it, have a beer!

:laughing: :beer:

The aggressive look and design is great these days. With gun, baton, self defensive laws one needs protection. What better way than flashlight when aggressive features for defensive purposes.

It’s too much aggressive look at the cost of carry practicality.

Take this similar smooth bat-style light which I have - but without the knife and pointy part of the butt end. Notice especially the basic shape of the butt end. It’s smooth, rounded, and not too big that you can carry it in a thru holster (like in Post #4 above). It’ll slide in and slide out (FAST) without a glitch and you can bury it all deep upto the head into that holster if need be. It’ll stay put regardless. Ya see in most self defense situations things tend to happen QUICK. You usually don’t have time to fumble around with ANYTHING. You need to MOVE on it.

https://www.amazon.com/ZBB-Flashlight-Multi-function-illumination-Self-defense/dp/B07CVZS3QD/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1529008397&sr=8-8&keywords=Bat+flashlight

Here’s a better example of a quick-draw smooth bat light and is cheaper……

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AIMIHUO-Baseball-Bat-LED-Flashlight-Waterproof-Light-Super-Bright-Baton-LED-Torch-Lamp-Self-Defense-Flashlight/3080022_32834129846.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.8.40a64adfnnW30n

Believe me this’ll get the attention of anyone should you have to use it.

No need for those uber spiky Klingon Klubbers everywhere. And this is a mild one in comparison to what’ve I’ve seen touted on here.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guard-Dog-Flashlight-Rechargeable/dp/B00JSNC5OO/ref=sr_1_11?s=local-services&ie=UTF8&qid=1529009780&sr=8-11&keywords=Flashlight+bat

Now imagine for a moment what you’d like to have riding up against your skin under your shirt or even up against a t- shirt for that matter. See how much you’d like to carry it then or finding the holster that’ll work quick for that matter.

Looked at the pic and thought it said “Trackfire”…

Of course, I don’t blame ya.

You’d need at least an SK98 to beat zombies over the head with.

IMO the old school 6P was the acme of clean, straightforward, and practical design. This can be attested by how frequently the design has been copied or borrowed.

Holding one now and yeah the “T” looks like it could be part of an “R”. :person_facepalming:

YESSSSS!!! That 6P KICKS ASS!!! :beer:

Beautiful simple elegant design.

I have a now P60-fired Surefire Z2 that is a wonder to hold. If I’m gonna die someday with a flashlight in my hand I wouldn’t be embarrassed one bit in the afterlife by what they found in it. :laughing:

(Edited: meant to say ‘Z2’)

Like my L2M army… :smiley:

Or for another nice clean design, my moldy-oldie River Rock 2×C…

How old? It’s got an XR-E in it!

Nice River!

On the other hand we get this nowadays……

No offense Convoy, but really? This is a ‘PLUS’? :person_facepalming: