Impressions: 4AA XML Headlamp Ebay Seller yallstock - NICE!

Ok, took some more beamshots today. It was daytime so there was a little extraneous light, but I don't think it affect the shots much. I took flood and throw on high and low. Same shot locations as above, 19.5 feet to the garage door.

Flood High:

Flood Low:

Zoom High (focused emitter image):

Zoomed Low (focused emitter image):

Camera remained on the same manual settings for each shot and very closely resembles what I see with my own eyes.

-Garry

Informative and interesting. Reminds me of my Browning “Nitro”, which had all throw and little spill. It was pretty useful and efficient as a work light. The Nitro and phantom had obvious, out-the-front lens-related loss (no reflector); but the important “Visual Radius of Eye Detail Focus” or “Radius of Eye Detail” or “Red” was covered very brightly at low current and battery usage.

Thanks. I ordered one. Expect it here in 6 weeks.

Glad I could be an enabler of help!

-Garry

I just stumbled across this on the web. That 4AA headlamp is a clone of an LED Lenser H14. Seems the lens / optic system is much better on the Lenser. Sells for around $70 (Amazon).

-Garry

Anyone know if you can use 4 3,7v 14500 instead of 4aa? Are the tilt function good do you look it with the plastic screw on side?

I’m about to order this one OR the other one om ebay that runns on 2x18650, anyone who got some opinion 4aa vs 2x18650 and om the 18650version it comes
With à charger. Does it work the chargerplug on the 4aa version?

You can't use (4) 14500's unless you'd redo the battery pack to put the cells in parallel. Even then the AA's will be much safer and have darn near the same capacity if not more (assuming you use good quality AA NiMh cells).

The tilt works good. You don't lock it in place, it's just stoff enough to hold in place. I don't have the charger with mine so I can't comment on it. Personally I wouldn't trust the charger and would charge out of the headlight.

The (2) 18650 version is ok. Safe assuming the cells are parallel, but still not as safe as NiMh cells. You will get more runtime though.

-Garry

that lenser is awesome. might end up owning that.

If you get it, be sure to report back!

-Garry

When you say safe what could happend with 18650 explode?

you can bet I’d brag about that purchase, gary, and rub it in with some pictures :slight_smile: don’t hold your breath though, that’s a lot of money for a headlamp

what “could” happen? death, I suppose. that’s pretty unlikely, but personally I’d never strap a LiCo to my head

Yes, explode or perhaps just vent poisonous gas. A lot of people around here won't strap a lithium ion cell to their head (esp a budget light).

-Garry

i ahve the same light but using 18650 batteries, it can run with one or 2 batteries( longer run time)

i paid less than $19/free shipping ( now it seems they raised the price already) i like it so much, i decided to order 2 more.. and they're fast shipper too.. no drama :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280999657321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i'm also thinking getting one like yours with AA batteries, it'll come in handy

and yes.. it's very bright for the money :D

i'm also thinking about getting this one also.. it has dual use http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-1600Lm-Zoomable-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-HeadLamp-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Charger-/370714451572?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item56504d9e74

best of both world.. headlamp and flashlight :D