IMRbatteries.com (US-Based) - Houston, TX (see photo for pricing)

Placed a small order... I just bought 'Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 3400mAh Protected Button Top Battery I will let ya know how it goes....

I have bought from them before Terry White.
If your order goes like mine have with them, it will be as smooth as glass. :+1:

I hope so I really want those batteries. As low as the price is I thought just try a small order first. I don't remember seeing those batteries for that price anywhere that it was authentic.

I also just ordered 2 more SK98's and an Xstar charger. I have been wanting to try one of those also.

Now I got to put the credit card away lol.

Wow, that is a good price on those batteries! Those happen to be one of the same batteries I bought from IMR back in the Spring on my first order. Plus they are quite a bit cheaper now than when I bought them. :+1:
One thing to note, they are also covered with a clear wrapper to hold on the protection circuitry; this makes the diameter a bit larger. They will fit in most of my lights but there are a very few they don’t because of the “extra diameter” created by the clear wrap and circuitry.

Yesterday morning I ordered 4 of the LG MJ1 3500mAh buttontops (continuous 10A rating for $7) for my TN42 and a couple of the new Sony VTC6 cells to try out.

I’ve ordered from IMR several times and they’ve always sent extra goodies like shrink wrappers for cells usually. And storage boxes. I’ll probably receive these by Monday if not on Saturday, will let y’all know what I think of these 2 new cells (new to me, anyway, and the C6 is new anyway)

The protected button top Panasonic B at 3400mAh is rated at 4.87A continuous, for what it’s worth.

I am still waiting on a reply from them. I have always gotten a reply usually in the same day but never over 2 days before. It makes me wonder if Jason is on vacation or something.

Dale those Panasonic B’s , although getting to the point of being shadowed by newer stuff , have always been some great cells where the protected ones are needed as far as the ones I have.

These new cells though seem to be getting a little better all the time as do the emitters and other electronics in these lights. Guess we all have to learn to live with the change in time. :wink:

I am curious about the new VT C6’s though , hope your results are good.

Looking forward to hearing about the new cells Dale, thanks. :+1:
And yep, the protected button top Panasonic 18650B is not ‘high drain’ by any stretch. But my experience with them has been like that of ‘robo819’. (quoted below) I have several of these cells, some “wrapped by different Brands”; (EagleTac, EVVA) and they have always treated me right in the correct application.

Oh, I have a few Pan B’s, but not protected. They usually reside in my headlamps for max run time. The appeal to me from the LG MJ1’s are both 3500mAh AND the ability to run an FET+1 driver light. :wink: I got them for my TN42 because of the button top, high capacity and high drain. The 30Q’s I have in the carrier now are a little too short, allow for some movement and rattling around. :wink:

The Sony cells should be top notch, we’ll see.

I use them a lot in my headlamps too, though most of mine are protected.
How do you think the LG MJ1’s will compare with the Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA Dale? I have some of the GA’s, unprotected; and I really am impressed with them.

I consider the GA’s and MJ1’s to be equal for my uses. I have one MJ1 and two GA’s, I buy whichever is cheaper. My “EDC” lights get the 3500mah cells, everything else runs on 30Q’s from when they were on sale for like $3.50

Isn’t a Pan GA a 3200mAh? They should be pretty close to the same in terms of delivery power and run time, both are quality cells.

I have a bunch of 30Q’s, Efest 35A’s, the new Efests in 3000mAh and a few in 3500, some VTC4, C5 and now the C6 on the way. LG HE2, HE4, I’ve got a LOT of cells, something in the 300 range I think. So I have a little of almost everything and a bunch of the favorites. Very few protected cells in all those.

No, a GA is 3500 mAh.

Ah, it’s the BD thats 3200…

OK guys , Jason has been on vacation is why he had not gotten back to me sooner.
We now have a permanent code that is good site wide for https://www.imrbatteries.com/
The code is BLF15………This code is good for 15% off any order on anything as I mentioned “SITE WIDE”. It should be active already but if not it will be by the days end.

I will say again IF you live outside the USA then the shipping may be too high , but you can always check to see what it cost to your country before actually ordering anything.

Thank you for the code

Thank you ‘robo819’, your the man!!! :+1:

And a big “Thank You” to Jason of IMR!!! :beer: … :+1:

Now go getcha some VTC5A’s ! :+1:

Yep and they also carry the CR123A and LiPo cells as well as all other sizes from 10440 all the way up to 32650. Couple of power banks and battery wraps of all colors for 18650 and 26650. Also a pretty big selection of chargers.
I am fighting the itch to make an order but the temptation is so hard to resist :person_facepalming:

That’s freaking awesome!!! The connects’ people have here are bar none

Wow…only about 5 miles from where I work! Nice!

Get on I-69 from Weslayan St
3 min (0.9 mi)
Follow I-69 to Southwest Fwy. Take the exit toward Hillcroft Ave from I-69
3 min (3.1 mi)
Take Harwin Dr to Braxton Dr
4 min (1.1 mi)
5631 Braxton Drive
Houston, TX 77036