In search of new caving headlamp

With all the advances that I’ve seen with headlamps recently I’ve decided it’s time to retire my old faithful AA headlamp. However, with all the choices that are available I’m having a hard time picking the right light for my needs. Here is a list of things that I would like to have in a new headlamp.

Runs on a 18650
A glass lense is a must
Mostly looking for flood
High water resistance
A long run time in a mode in the 50 to 80 lumen range
A super bright turbo just for fun.
Prefer headlamps with the LED centered on the body of the light but it’s not a deal breaker

Thanks for any suggestions.

I honestly like my armytek wizard pro warm xml2
I have snorkel with it a few times in fresh water lakes. It is very durable. It’s had daily use a few years. Lowest mode lasts something like 100 days. Double press button on top and it lights up my whole back yard. My switch is starting to act up a bit but it still works. When it becomes an issue I’ll send them the video so they can repair it
Low voltage cut off. Built in battery check. Press button 4x it flashes the voltage. Very durable impact rating too

Regardless of which headlamp you do select, try the warmer or at less neutral tints. Skilhunt has some nice 18650 lights, and pretty much any great 18650 above 3000mah is going to give some ridiculous runtimes below 100 lumen…

Good luck with this…

Whatever you chose, stay sway from zebralights if you need reliable water resistance. ZL headlamps have two press-fit, glued bezels that may come loose after a bump or drop. I had two units fail before due to water ingress (less than 1ft deep). Although some people reported up to 4ft submersion without any problem.

Armytek Wizard lights are good performers, just make sure to buy from a reputable seller in case you need to return. Dealing directly with armytek is not “hassle-free” as they claim.

There is a new Armytek headlamp with XHP50 making 2,300 lumens, has temperature regulation, and supposedly submersible to 10 meters: Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 (White) Silver Headlamp -2300 Lumens

Have you seen the Fenix
Headlamp
It looks like what you have described.
M4D M4X may get you a discount code Link

Thanks everyone or the quick responses. I decided to go with will34’s suggestion and pick up the Armytec. If the run times are as advertised it should make a great caving lamp and that 2300 lumen turbo WOW!

Forgot to mention this… If you haven’t placed the order yet, use this code for 15% discount: aa4preorder

I also have a Armytek Wizard Pro V2 warm. The 70 lumen level is closer to 55 lumens by my un official light box. Don’t know what the manual says for runtime, but I have gotten 25 hours from a 3400mah cell.