IN STOCK!: L3 Illumination L10C @ SBflashlights

Because the only thing wrong with the original L3 L10-219 is that it doesn’t have a screw-on clip. The clip is important.

Well, I’d also like some in bare steel or titanium or brass, but the main thing is the clip.

Not many people carry lights by L3 Illumination because it’s sort of a custom brand by SBFlashlights. For example, the L3 L10 is a customized, improved special-order version of the Supbeam L10.

Volume wise, I think the D25A comes out less but it looks like the L10C is going to be quite slim. Top-pocket slim. The D25A always seemed quite big for some reason. The width seems to give that impression.

I still can’t see it being 96mm (even though that is what I predicted). From your picture, it would extend past the the T10 from how I measure it.

If the clip was in the other direction i would get the 219 version. (i like to clip my AA lights on my hat when camping.

Me too. What I am after is something like the stainless steel two-way clip that Solarforce used to make.
Like this one. May need to make it myself though.

Alternatively, got a spare ZL holder?

One of the many reasons i like my Olight S20 is that the clip work both ways like that Solarforce clip.

FYI the L10 and the D25A Mini are almost the exact same dimensions. The clicky version adds maybe a centimeter. So those looking for the best compact AA with a good clip, the Mini might be more your style.

SBFlashlights sells a reversible clip for the original L3 L10, if you want to put it on your hat. It works fine for that sort of thing.

Last I checked, the D25A Mini doesn’t come with a Nichia 219 emitter and it doesn’t offer a moon mode. That kills two of the main selling points of the L10. Plus, it has EagleTac’s ring-inducing extra-AR lens, it has PWM, and it costs more. However, it is small and it has a clip. It might be a nice alternative to the XP-G2 version of the L10C if you don’t need a button.

I’m not sure if the D25A Mini has the same diameter as the D25A Clicky, but my D25A clicky is wider than a L10 even though the specs say they’re the same size.

The D25A Mini is about the same diameter as the L10. I no longer own the Mini but when I did, I compared it to an L10 and it seemed to have about the same dimensions, which surprised me because the L10 is so svelte.

If I remember, there was a batch of original L10 lights which had PWM on medium or something and some people complained to Jake at SBFlashlights, who exchanged them. That thread is floating around CPFMP. So I would check the new ones for PWM just to be on the safe side.

I have seen where some people have sewn a length of elastic webbing to the topside bill of a cap ...

Might not fit the clicky given the new diameter?

I just keep a Streamlight Microstream with me at all times with the reversible clip for just that purpose. Other lights proved to be too heavy on my ball cap and I also noticed that I don’t need a lot of modes for a head lamp. I also have headlamps :slight_smile:

Mate! Thank you for the tip, going to get the
clip
to see if I can mod it to fit this.

I think the Microstream is the best ball cap light money can buy. It’s the perfect amount of light for setting up a camp site or fixing a car. You really don’t need something heavy on your ball cap most of the time. My thought is if the Microstream isn’t enough light, then I’ll use a head lamp.

Of course, the L10 also comes along on trips :slight_smile:

The L3 L10 twisty is lighter. It is under 50g with Eneloop, which is what I think the MicroStream weighs. It is heavier once the clip goes on but not by much. The only problem is skipping through the modes with the twisty is a bit hard one handed, which is why this clicky version is so promising.

I think I might get the L10C in the mail tomorrow (Thursday)… but I’m not sure. It got to the post office which usually marks “out for delivery” the next day, but the tracking says not to expect it until Friday. I hope it arrives sooner rather than later.

I think this is really bad. I think it means that the 14500 burns out the driver and you can’t use AA 1.5V anymore. I had this happen in a UF AA XM-L light.
Edit- my d25a xp-g2 still works with 1.2 V and has moon on low with 1.2 V

These L10C are IN STOCK and shipping! :slight_smile: Orange is a very nice color and I was a skeptic about N219 too until I got one. A N219 L10 is my primary carry now

I wonder if I should hand these out at my next company sprint. Orange is the corporate color. I’m not personally a fan, but it’d go well with the official theme. I’d probably even get one for myself if it had the logo engraved on it.

Also, the grey and black ones I ordered are supposed to arrive in about 2-3 hours. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

group buy! No harm in asking.

$15 Shipping to Europe is too high. Put it in a envelope and send it by usps firstclass mail. This should not be more than $7.50 including the effort.