INR18650-25R or LG18650HE2

Hi guys!

INR18650-25R for $11,25 a pair
or
LG18650HE2 for $10,75 a pair

which one would you choose?

i´d like to push my 1-cell-DD-Lights a bit :wink:

Id go samsung, but don’t own any lgs anyway…

The german site Akku DB allows you to compare the 2 cells,but always compared to a Pana CGR 18650 so you have to load the site twice,line up the graphs, at the same amps,and flick between the two pages(HKJ,you spoil us :bigsmile: )
I have just ordered 3 Acebeam LG HE2’s from Banggood .I paid the extra for the button top compared to the LG’s flat top.I beleive the E-fest purple 2.5Ah are rewrapped LG HE2’s as well going from the Accu DB graphs.
Calvin seems to confirm the LG/E-fest link and gives a ligue order,at 30amps!Worth reading the whole thread.Good luck.

Some other members have indicated that the LGHE2’s provide more initial current for the first 200mah of the cells capacity. However, the 25r’s provide higher sustained current after the first 200mah compared to LGHE2s. This characteristic is well supported by many members lumen tests on DD lights. With the LGHE2/efest 35A providing more initial amps compared to the 25r.

Now it just comes down to which characteristic you’d prefer in a cell in a DD setup. Although the real question is, are you actually going to perceive any visual difference between the two cells? Most likely not.

Like others have said, visually there is no chance for you or anybody to notice a difference. But if your going for the highest numbers for a singular point in time then the HE2 is your better choice, though one could then argue a 20R would be better yet for that purpose. I first bought two HE2s from Illumn months back, and they’ve seen a lot of use. Just bought 6 25Rs from them recently, and have just a few cycles on them. The HE2s will pull between 0 and 200mA more to a XML2 direct drive, depending on which cells you compare. I haven’t done any long run checks, but that’s what HKJ is for. (Though I’d like to see a test of a non-rebranded, reputable supplier HE2, since there is such a difference between his efest and KP cells)

Well thats annoying if they are rewrapped HE2. I own 4 HE2s already, I have no 25Rs, but I have Efest 35s on the way just to try something different.

I am just going off of what others have said and comparing discharge graphs between the two.

I am not 100% sure, but the fact that efest does not make their own batteries is certain.