Install BudgetLightForum.com? BLF app?

I was wondering about that myself. Unlike most apps there is no disclosure to check.

Again, this is no app. It is a shortcut to your default browser opening the forum, and hiding the address bar. So it will have the exact same behavior as the browser, with whatever privacy policies the browser uses.

3 Thanks

This is what Iā€™m seeing on my phone.

Whereā€™s the back button? Never mind, found it.

Click on topics there, then on the page you get from that, there is a drop down menu, for what you want to see.

ā€œLatestā€ is Everything with a new post since the last time you visited the site, watched, tracked or not. And beyond a line that tells you when you last visited, Everything from Ever.

1 Thank

Exactly, thanks for making this clear. BLF is technically a web ā€œappā€ that runs in different web browsers, with different ways of skinning the browser frame around the web app. But itā€™s not like how you can do your online banking via a web browser at wellsfargo.com or alternatively do online banking with the Wells Fargo app using a completely different interface with more or less features between the two versions.

Right, thanks, or simply just https://budgetlightforum.com , the default home page is /latest. And yes, the red --------last visit--------- line is what @this-is-nascar is looking for if you want to make sure to catch up on every new post (new replies as well as new threads) since your last visit.

When you click into threads that you previously had read til the last post, it will open straight to the post where the new activity starts.

Thanks. Iā€™ll take another look, both on my phone and my Chromebook, although, Iā€™m using my phone 99% of the time

1 Thank

@this-is-nascar Cool, let me know how that works. It should have the same functions on your phone that it does in a normal web browser.

Oh well. Definitely, a much better viewing experience using the Chrome web browser on my Chromebook vs. Chrome on my Android phone. I do see the ā€œlast visitā€ red line that you mentioned, but only when using the browser on the CB.

Interesting. Now Iā€™m looking on the phone and it appears to be there. Not sure whatā€™s going on.

Yep, I agree that using a full size browser on a laptop or desktop is always a better experience.

I did confirm that the red --------last visit-------- line does appear in the mobile version, are you sure you were logged into your BLF account on your phone?

On my Android Chrome browser, the ā€œlast visitā€ line is blue. Must be something I set someplace and havenā€™t got a clue at present.

@MtnDon Ah, it sounds like youā€™re using one of the TK Themes?

That could be. I did mess around with things incluing that, but honestly I am not sureā€¦Iā€™m happy with what I have which is what matters most

1 Thank