Interest Anyone: DIY Linear Driver and Accessories

Hi mat just to be clear, is the driver 17mm or 20mm? I’m interested either way. :bigsmile:

MeToo

Really nice boards! Hope you get enough interest it continue with larger numbers of them.

Whoops - yes they are 17mm. As I eluded to in the original post they should be a straight swap for any existing 7135 driver. The added memory in the 25V (over the standard 13V) chip also allows for a lot more code on the driver, so the possibilities for those that like to tinker with their firmware (beyond what this will do on it's own) is greatly increased.

- Matt

i would be interested for 2-3 pieces for blank board.
will the kaidomain driver chip (atmel style) work on those ?
how much will cost worldwide shipping?

I would be interested in a few of the complete 17mm 10x7135 drivers, these are great! (but I will never be anyone's big customer I'm afraid) Will the 7135 chips be of the newer type (380mA, so 3.8A total) ?

I’m certainly interested in the drivers, how quick can you get some to England?

Pending test results from others, I would be very interested in a couple of completed drivers. Thank you for building something so useful!

A driver that could indiviudally adress LEDs would be cool for triple and quad builds.. any chance for that?

Do you mean blanks of the 17mm boards? The footprint is good for any S0-8 package ATMEL chip, and the pin outs are the same so yes you could use the KD micro-controllers (which are ATTINY 13V's) hoever these would need to be re-programmed as the functions of each pin may differ.

[quote=djozz]

I would be interested in a few of the complete 17mm 10x7135 drivers, these are great! (but I will never be anyone's big customer I'm afraid) Will the 7135 chips be of the newer type (380mA, so 3.8A total) ?

[/quote]

Um, I have a whole bunch I got from fastech but I think they are the 350mA bin chips. If I do a proper run of these I intend to use the 380mA chips however.

[quote=gords1001] I'm certainly interested in the drivers, how quick can you get some to England? [/quote]

Well I'm building 18 by hand at the moment. Provided they work they will be useable relatively soon, however DrJones is scheduled to start working on the firmware soon - so that's not even started yet (though seen as it's simply an 'evolved' version of the firmware he offers already it should not cause any issues. Touch wood!)

Possibly, though as I stated in the original post these boards are all off shoots of something I tried previously that have been re-jigged so I can try and get some of my cash back haha. I do plan on developing a driver more specifically design for multi-emitter builds in the future, however as the project these all came out of is still on-going, I will wait until it's finished before pursuing that little nugget :)

- Matt

Off shoots from your planned quad XPG2? :P

I'm definitely interested in 2-3 17mm boards.

I would also appreciate a triple driver from you

I would be interested in something like:

5 x "16xAMC" blank boards

5 x "12xAMC" blank boards

and

2-3 complete 17mm drivers

I would also be interested in blank ATTINY 25V chips if you would be willing to sell them because

I can't get them locally and if you plan to buy like 50 pieces just order 60 instead and I'll take 10 pcs...

but, it all depends on how much will that cost me :)

Very interesting driver, good for those higher output projects. I usually do not mind adding a few chips, but having a 10x board al ready to go would be nice too.

I’d be in for 10 blank 16x’s.

I definately want 2 of the 18 17 mm boards and if you mass produce them I’ll be in for more

I would take 2-3 complete 17mm 10x7135 drivers

Any news on this topic?

Will there be a possibility to burn a custom SW to MCU?

I started a sales thread for the slave boards I had from Mattaus. And they sold rather quick. Nice!
Mattaus, you may have something here after all. :slight_smile:

I’d be up for a few of these if more become available (complete drivers).