Interest collect for a new Sofirn design: tube style18650, magnetic ring control, USB-C charging, 500 lm max (AKA grandma light)

Thanks for the various comments about parasitic drain with Hall sensor (magnetic rotating ring) lights.
I checked mine and the batteries had all been sucked down to ten percent.

Iā€™ll put the charged cells in a plastic case and rubber band that to the dive lights in the emergency cache

I still really like the simple rotating ring control for lending out. Just gotta watch the battery level closer.

I'm in for 3 pcs

In for 2!

Djozz, maybe point wurkkos to this thread and notice all the longing for a compact rotaryā€¦

I did that already, and I hope that they will report any progress in this thread.

(and a happy newyear everyone, it is 2022 here now)

I still look at my old Surefire U2 and wish there was something similar-ish made today with a modern LED and driver. It is funny though that I no longer really like tail switches at all. e-switch just has superior ergonomics. If only the U2 had had a off setting as one of theā€¦ 6? options on the ring.

Ummmm folksā€¦

Seeknite D236

Really looks like a good starting point. Anybody want to review one?

Holy crap! Excellent find! Too bad itā€™s sold out and I wish they didnā€™t have the strobe mode. Also wonder how the driver performs.

If this moves forward Iā€™m interested in 2

Watching this one.
Iā€™d buy two if it specs out rightā€¦

Iā€™ll buy at least one for sure if this works out. Rotating ring UIs are very fun and simple

Interested in 1.

I donā€™t see this possible at the stated target price point, but Iā€™m in for one or two anyway.

interested in one

Still In progress?

Silence from Wurkkoss, so a dead end once again.
Anyone checked out that Seeknite yet?

Since this seems to be gaining some traction now Iā€™m in for 1 or 2

Wait what traction?

Last post was 6 months ago about the lack of updates

See this thread: I have established two different flashlight design options for Wurkkos Grandma lights. Which one do you prefer? :wink:

Thanks

We should lock this one with your re-direct now posted