Interested in the next BLF/Manafont custom light?

I am curious what kind of beam an AA sized light would have with an XML. I know it would be more floody, but would it still have enough throw to be "dual purpose" with a relatively small reflector. I've read in the P60 modules the XML's floodiness is balanced by the extra output, but I'm not sure if what the result would be on AA's.

I'm a fan of neutral tints, but it sounds like the tint's haven't been too nasty with the XML's.

I WANT a small reflector. Deep is fine, i have no need for super wide flood. But a nice, wide hotspot, with very low throw....

To my eyes, the tint on the xml's seem to run more toward neutral than on previous generations. As far as an xml in a single AA format, from what I've tested, the extra lumens aren't noticed, but the beam is definately floodier. Less artifacts and ringing, but also less throw. As far as being dual purpose, it would depend on your expectations of a 1xAA format. Compared to my SC51...similar but slighty less (this may have more to do with the driver I was using) , but compared to my RC-G2 the throw isn't even remotely close.

I think with an XM-L it would effectivly have more throw, just due to the much larger out put.

I guess there's not a XM-L drop-in made for this light so how can you change it out?

I think this has a reflector rather larger than a P60. Tthe dimension are given on the site as "Size(mm): 148(L)×48(D)x 38(D)" Which I think is Length x head diameter x body diameter, but could easily be some random numbers.

It is quite a chunky little light due to the 3 x AA setup. So It should throw more than a P60 assuming the reflector isn't shallow.

Boaz in post #93 is suggesting we have them make it for us.

I realised I'd managed to triple post and it just looked a little like I'd gone crazy, so i edited them together :P

I really am very intrested in that MCU-C88, I've not got a 3xAA lights and it would be awesome with the right modes and an XM-L.

Boaz, please feel free to suggest

UltraFire MCU-C88 3mode CREE 3*XM-L LED aluminum flashlight

Just saying.......

Who's gonna be the guinea pig on that fatboy light? $)

I'll give you a hint - the guinea pig has another thread going about how to use PayPal on their website. I bought them but technically haven't paid for them yet. Do they contact me and give me the shipping price? I don't know what to do at this point. If I can't pay for it, I may not be the pig after all. LOL

LOL I saw that post of yours after I posted this one. I'm pretty sure someone will contact you eventually about collecting your money. Money mouth

You place an order, they will send you an invoice with the price for the light plus shipping cost, along with the e-mail, where you have to send the money to.

There is a formula somewhere in the FAQ, how you can roughly calculate their shipping rate by the weight of the item you ordered. I bought a light that was 22,50 $ in the catalog and payed 11,00 $ for the shipping. They are not the cheapest around, but they ship fast.

Fishinfool & Oldienea, thanks for the reply. I read the thread about calculating the shipping cost and my head hurt afterwards. LOL I know their shipping rates aren't cheap, but I find their prices to be pretty darn good.

[quote=jb1]

Fishinfool & Oldienea, thanks for the reply. I read the thread about calculating the shipping cost and my head hurt afterwards. LOL I know their shipping rates aren't cheap, but I find their prices to be pretty darn good.

I think they are real wholesale ., buy one or two items and they'll do it but wonder why .. they probably want to sell a couple hundred lights not just 2 .

Ask them about 5 then 20 them 50 ? what's the price on 50 ? who here isn't curious where and when does shipping get cheap or free for that matter ? what does it hurt to ask ?

The shipping ended up costing $15.82 for 2 flashlights. I guess I couldn't buy diesel for $15.82 to get to China so I won't complain.

Mr. Administrator ,

I Just wanted to answer the question directly .yes i'm ready . you lead we'll follow .Your past picks ,although they have taken criticism have some very well thought out ,and interesting features .The budget light farkar looks well thought out also .Like Ruth said to Naomi ."Whither thou goest ...i will go "Ruth 1:16-17.We are behind you 100% ,We trust and appreciate you.

thank -you

Boaz

Kiss-ass....

Nah, I'm with Boaz... Pick one and run with it. Asking over 500 flashaholics to agree on one torch is akin to trying to nail Jell-O to the wall. Besides, I'd like to see more really-low low modes in lights, and I know you're fond of that as well. Besides, if it's assembled, it can be taken apart...so I'm a happy modder.

And please, low low= less than one lumen.

with High output oVER 9000!!!

sorry...

yes, whatever light you pick, its likely Ill still want one. Im happy with a Farka, also provides for potential conversation starters (as mentioned in another forum somewhere) "thats a bright farka you got there!"

I just managed to source a meter of 25mm alum bar stock, So ill be trying to make my aspheric XP-G headlamp in the mean time!

hehe ive succeeded in nailing jello to the wall. believe it or not, it can be done

Alright, I want a pocket sized flashligh with the following features:

Interchangeable bodies that accept 1xAAA, 1xAA, 2xAA, 1x16340, 2x16340, 1x17670, 1x18650, 2x18650 or 3x18650.

Interchangeable heads, one with 5 XM-L T6 emitters, 1 XP-E R5 with a flood-to-throw aspheric (glass only), 1 with an XP-G S2, and one with 1 XM-L T6. All neutral white, of course.

Also, driver module that screws in to the middle, is completely programmable via a standard USB port, can accept the voltage ranges of all the battery combinations above, and has a ramping mode of .5lumens - 2000 lumens (battery and emitter dependant max), and hidden variable strobe modes.

IPX-8 waterproof, HA-III coating, with a drop rating of 10 metres on to concrete. Choice of reverse or forward clicky, as well as a tape switch option.

Also, a variety of colours would be nice.

Under $20, please.

Alright, did I get everyone?