Introducing the Flying Flashlight!

Next, put photovoltaic cells on your helicopter, so you can power it from the ground by shining your flashlight at it ….

Is there any helicopter that can reach more than 1000 meters or yds for terrain reconnaissance patrol? If it exist please send link.

with a good video tx 1km should be “easy”
try rcgroups.com or even youtube for fpv multicopters
I’m too scared to fly that far yet, even though I have return to launch… anything can go wrong and you’re searching for your bird for hours

Neat videos.
Now I want to get a quadcopter or drone just to mount an MT-G2 or XM-L2 with a floody reflector.
The old Trex 450 is not stable enough:

great photo!
multicopters can be very stable and I’ve already put convoy s3 with triple nichia on mine for testing :stuck_out_tongue:
will have to mount only leds with optics on some kind of heatsink and drive them with brushed car speed controller for remote dimming…

Been quite awhile since I even checked this thread but glad to see there are other people enjoying the fun(expensive) hobby. Since my initial post Ive added two more rigs to the stable and have basically given up flying Line of sight and bought a set of goggles for FPV flying. The goggles defiantly add to the enjoyment and I find it much easier for numerous reasons.

The black quad is the newest and I defiantly went a different direction with it. Instead of going with visible lights for flying at night I went with a night vision infrared camera. I know it seems blasphemy considering the forum but a Night vision setup is more stealthy, less power draw, more aerodynamic, and gives much further vision than even the craziest light setups(although you do lose color rendering, and that bad ass ufo look to freak the neighbors out)

I’ve taken my drone to 1200m from home before(as per the gps data on my On screen display) and really had no reason to why I couldn’t go further other than me not wanting to have to do a walk of shame that far….

this little puppy is sick!
it doesn’t need RTL just RTG (return to ground) or RTT (return to tree) :smiley:

and here are my toys copters :slight_smile:
you can clearly see that the 250mm carbon quad is tiny!