Introduction, Hello from CT

Hello fellow flashaholics!

Been lurking around for a little while now so about time to make an intro post. Started playing with flashlights a few years ago and didn’t spend much time on them for awhile (too many other hobbies!) but the bug has bit me again, bad. The list of flashlights and parts in the mail and ones on the desk being modded in is ever growing. I love cheap flashlights, modding, and really impractical aspheric throwers. Also like old flashlights, have a few that I want to modernize the internals.

And a picture of some of my lights, or at least the ones that are assembled.

Hello & Welcome to the BLF :wink:

Have Fun & Enjoy yourself :beer: :beer:

Welcome! Have you seen OL’s thread with a 95mm aspherical and SST 50

Welcome to BLF scianiac! Your collection is very nice, especially the lamp with the handle looks great.

I have seen OL’s mega build, was following it for awhile, good stuff.

Someday I would love to mod the Ray-o-vac Hunter, probably end up with a nice floodly light with crazy runtimes.

Hello scianiac, welcome to BLF.

:beer:

WELCOME!! CT.... lets see... that just outside the city limits of Dallas... Right?? Tongue Out (sorry, just had to)

I like those two vintage on the left... are those old Eveready or Craftsman?? NEAT!!

Dan

They are in fact RAY-O-VAC Sportsmans but Sears sold the same light rebranded. Bought one on ebay and later was given one by a nice old lady up the street who’s husband probably bought it new.

Make yourself at home, scianiac!

That's right... RAY-O-VAC... not Eveready ... DUH!!!! Those are trophies.... I like the oldies.

Thanks for the correction. Everything up there gets a little dusty!! Dan.

We even allow Connecticutensians here! Welcome!

welcome - I am from the Danbury area :slight_smile:

Your post sounds like my affliction, although I don’t have an quite an extensive collection (yet).
I am currently focused on bicycle lighting.

Hello!

I’m over in Vernon JM, glad to hear from someone in my neck of the woods.

I’m with you Paul, this certainly is the forum if you want to end up collecting more flashlights than you know what to do with.

Hi Tata!