Is Anybody Coming To The Olympics?

Phew! For a minute there I thought I was going to be the only person on BLF going.

I applied for tickets for Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Mens’ Freestyle Wrestling. Guess which one came through? That’s right men in leotards. Nonetheless, I’m really looking forward to it because it’s the medals event (as opposed to heats).

gords1001, woody and how2 - yes the Olympics are hideously expensive, yes the organisation of some aspects has been shambolic, yes you will be inconvenienced for a couple of weeks. Stiff upper lip, cup of tea and a biscuit.

We did that with our kids in LA back in ’84 . . . my daughter was big into soccer and we went to a semifinal at the Rose Bowl (perhaps Coliseum) . . . can’t remember anything about it and still have a bunch of old mementos kicking around that we really don’t prize . . . we’ve moved away but still I think we’d do something if the grandkids were into it and we had your reasonable drive.

I did not mean to be offensive but that’s what the police are telling everyone. :slight_smile:

Well, that’s just typical!

Those foreign criminals coming over here, taking the honest British criminals’ jobs. |(

no harm done, i am from Dutchland ;)

Good one.

(best redneck voice) ” They took ’er jobs !!

Bah humbug, I’m already sick to death of it. Waste of time and money, to make things worse now its “welcome back to England, here’s your empty warehouse accommodation” for the armed forces, and they added insult to injury by saying “well, their used to much worse in Iraq and Afghanistan” |( |( |(

Since you asked.

No plans for going or watching.

Hey Vas, have a great time. Don’t forget to take an bright EDC with you, and a camera.

I won’t be going , but will be watching every moment I possibly can! I like pretty much all events but particularly all T&F & swimming. Basketball should be intriguing what with Brazil & Spain putting up some strong competition. I could see US winning silver or even bronze if they can’t off set the big front lines they will face. I think the Gasol bros will give them fits inside. Should be very interesting.

Keith

Thanks Essexman - I will try to remember the camera - btw, I’m very impressed with your paracord work over in the lanyard thread.

Hey Vas mate, how did it go??

If anybody is interested, here are a few of the pics I grabbed.

We were in great seats, 5 rows up, right in front of the sandpits. A day to remember for sure.

Awesome pics !!!

More, please.

Oh wow, great pics heyho, cheers for posting them up.

Any more?

Wow nice pics!

Really enjoying the paralympics, we’re getting good TV coverage of them.
Anyone else ?