Is i4 the best 4-battery charger? Best all-in-one?

HKJ's review of the Ultrafire WF128 wasn't so hot.

-Garry

It was not the perfect charger, but he is writing about WF128s it might be better (I do not expect it, but the possibility are there).

This sounds interesting. Hope we don’t have to wait to long for the review :slight_smile:

Just look on fasttech, that’s where I bought mine from.
People can do all the reviews in the world on products, if I’ve learnt anything in my 47 years of dealing with companies big and small, and tests etc it is that VERY often pre release samples are doctored with better components of better quality and don’t always represent what the production version will be, as they “reserve the right to amend” what they like.
No manufacturer is going to send out a sample they haven’t checked over themselves, unless they really don’t care.
tabs

It might happen once in a while, but not very often. I have received stuff to review that did not look that good.

I do also frequently buy the stuff I review, i.e. the manufacturer do not know that the item will be reviewed.

But as you say, the manufacturer can modify products, that can be to make them better, but also to make them cheaper to manufacture.

Hi HKJ. Do you have a rough idea when the above brew will be cooked?

Sometime in the middle of next week. This week it was a usb box and a couple of batteries.

Thanks ill have a look but wont buy till i see what hkj has to offer next week

HKJ review here.

-Garry

I found this interesting… for $7 more than an I4 you can get a copycat version.
Anyone heard of Enedepots before?

Hi,

I was thinking of that one too. It looks like the Jetbeam I4 Pro (has the new “curves”), that HKJ (?) recently reviewed:

From the review, it looks like it’s a “slightly” updated version of the “other” i4.

Jim

Kaidomain has it since 2012 (first questions about it on Kaidomain at 06.2012).

that endepots will charge li-ion, lifepo4, and nihm. so i wouldnt really call it a copycat

I didn’t notice the LiFePO4 option. Still, the price premium doesn’t make sense unless it offers some other advantage over the I4.

to some people like myself, thats enough. im kind of teetering on the edge of buying one, but cant find any reviews really on it.
that and you can get it at kaidomain cheaper
http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020375

I would be sold if it had true dv/dt for NiMH charging. I will have to wait for a review though…

I bought one a couple weeks ago. I have used it to mostly to charge 18650 Eagle Tac 3400 and 3100. Also charged up a bunch of AA NiMh. Works as advertised but somewhat slow. When I am not in a hurry and need 4 cells charged, it’s just fine. I will probably pick up a Shoshone for when I need to charged faster.

I charged a bunch of batteries with my i4 and the end voltage depends a bit on the cell the highest was 4.21V on a Samsung inr1865020r so I am fine with that.
Don’t have tested nimh so far but I will do that in some days, I am a bit confused about the charging algorithm…? As it seems like it stops charging without visible voltage sink…?

In this thread on CPF, someone says it charges slower (!!!) than the Jetbeam and Nitecore.

I wonder if it has the same paired bays as on the Jetbeam.

I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know all the intricate details on smart.chargers but I’m pretty happy when I see my buddy from church paid 75.00 $ for a charger not 1/2 as good for one fro. Monster lights. Com