is the ultrafire hd2011 and the roche f12 still king of the tube lights?

hey, im looking for the brightest of the 18650 tube lights. the style im talking about is this:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10002855/1309304

are there any brighter ones out there…are the convoy s series brighter?
it doesnt have to be tube light really, but something around 4.5 inches long and 1.5 inch wide….

it can also be a light that is modable to achieve greater than 900 lumens.

thanks!

Well, a triple XP-G2 Convoy S2 or S3 is about the brightest setup you can find/buy/build. I like the S3's. Staying with stock 1 LED, there's variations in reflectors a bit, can make a difference. The S3 is a nice flooder for example.

ya i been reading up on them convoy s series. looks like the convoy s3 is popular due to the design and being the most floody of the bunch.
but i actually like the design of the s4 the best because how it shows the heat sink. it may get debris in there, but o well haha.
and i read that the s2 is the throwiest, and the s4 is inbetween the s3 and s2, so seems best of both worlds…

triple xpg2 huh? thats gotta be custom. have not seen one stock yet…or is there?
seems like a more diffucult mod to do. anything else out there ?

This is how I built my triple S6.

Or you can order a triple S3 here (out of stock right now).

Either way a very nice light!

very nice! so the s6 has the best thermal path for these high lumen triples?
i thought the s4 would be ideal …no?
or i think i read the s3 is great for that too.

I have an S4 with and XM-L2, very nice light.

The reason I didn’t use one for my triple build is that exposed “heatsink” is the reflector which gets discarded when building a triple. If I had a lathe (or the time to use a file) to put fins in the copper an S4 triple would be sweet.

The slots in the S4 head would expose the LEDs and rear of the optics to the outside world. The stack height of the 20mm 3-up TIR and MCPCB is only 0.307" (7.8mm) thick.

Ops, I forgot about that. A bit of light leakage would look strange.

The Roche F12 is still good but the Convoys are King nowadays. The HD2011 really is a sh!tty host and was great at the time since there weren't any other options.

I just built an S2 that does 1800 lumens and is the best of the Convoy lights for that kind of output and heat.

ok so the s4 is now out of the question. holy moly, how in the heck are you getting 1800 out of your s2?
been reading alot, and so far it seems like the s2 and s6 are the best for heat management.

wow that hd2011 is garbage? i thought mine was pretty damn bright haha. it compares good against my roche f12, but the f12 gets hot way quicker than the hd2011.
i guess as a host to be modded, it sucks.

My S2 build: My Convoy S2jm is completed! Updated

The HD2011 was a crazy bright light but the host quality was very poor. The Convoy build quality is outstanding.