is there a light that will stop a atacking dog?

I guess possible solutions are:

• Avoid the area if you know there are wild or aggressive dogs.
  • Carry treats. Most dogs can not resist a treat and after eating it became friendly. Me as a dog owner I dong like the idea of somebody giving something to my dogs. But by the other side
    i don’t leave my dogs wild. I have 2 Golden Retrievers.
  • Use pepper spray in case the dog became aggressive (not just barking became all dogs barks) but just in the last resourse.
  • Call the police in case a dog is a danger. Dogs owners are responsible keeping the dog fenced or inside the house.

All good advice. :slight_smile:

Arizona: "ARS: 13-3107 - Unlawful discharge of firearms; exceptions; classification; definitions:

9. In self-defense or defense of another person against an animal attack if a reasonable person would believe that deadly physical force against the animal is immediately necessary and reasonable under the circumstances to protect oneself or the other person."

All jurisdictions in the US: In a quick-moving situation, where a dog is charging and preparing to attack, a person has the right to use deadly force.

The dogs ambush charged me while growling and baring their fangs, fully acting/showing that they immediately intended to immediately maul me. Therefor, I both felt and acted reasonably in using lethal force because it was an obvious and immediate threat of immediate bodily harm.

I ignored the flashlight defense part. I’m going on 26 years working as a LEO. Dogs are a part of my life, I’ve always had 2-3 at home at any point in my life. At work when were visiting a house we tell the owner to put them up in a room. If refused we call animal control. Until that point animal control is there we still conduct our jobs. It’s been done with pistols drawn because of the person or dogs. Dogs still live by instincts that human love to confuse. Act afraid or move away too fast and you’re now on the prey list. Talk to the dog, stand tall and proud, even walk towards him like it’s normal. Acted like your testosterone is bigger than his and you’re the alpha. No screaming, no yelling just a firm friendly voice. Most dog aggression is fear aggression. I witness lots of aggressive dogs with tucked tails not sure of what to do. I watch poor owners condition dogs to hate other people and dogs without knowing it. Watch that lady yanking on the lease when ever another dog or person is near. She in fear or confusion that her dog might bite. Dog just senses the fear when others are near. That painful yank is pain reinforcement of fear. Haven’t shot a dog yet. Have stood my ground and advanced on a few. Rescued a beautiful Lab/Shepherd mix that lived with us for the next 13 years she past last March. If you are walking your dog yanking on the lease as the other dog approaches the fear levels are there. STOP stand your ground ignore your dog for now and talk to the dog, stand tall and proud, even walk towards him like it’s normal. Still keep a grip on that pepper spray. If deployed wash your dog with lots of soapy water. Baby shampoo works well for decontamination.

If you are in real fear for your safety then shoot the dog before he bites. This “I have to be hurt first” is a load of #$%^. A furtive move is grounds enough.

Now back to the topic.

I have an Acebeam X80-GT and in strobe mode confuse dogs and they back off. I was walking 3 days ago during the night with my dog and an unleashed dog came trying to fight my dog. I put my light in strobe mode and the dog back off and leave. I believe becase he was unable to see me or my dog he get scared.

ive worked at dog shelters for free to get dogs adopted i walked and socaized them they all loved me. never had any dog i was afraid of. so i dont understaand this dogs issue maybe the owner is mean to it .i doubt he is but ya never know

This light looks pretty mean ! :open_mouth:

Man this thread has been busy.
Let’s remember dogs are not humans in the eyes of the law. You aren’t going to get charged with murder for killing a dog.
That said, dogs are dogs and they try to scare you. But as long as they are domestic they have biased view of humans being superior. That’s totally to your advantage. Just ignore them and carry on.

Hmmm…. all dogs even wolves….fear FIRE!

!

:smiley:

I wanna marry that chick. :laughing:

I know….She is sooo HOT! :heart_eyes:

She likes flamethrowers

If only my wife would let me date.

You can go ahead and try to get some of that .
When you come home mama will be brandishing the new xm44 model .

That divorce would be FUN, huh?

She could go on “The Apprentice”, give new meaning to the phrase “You’re fired!”.

The Best Self Defense Weapon Ever | One Tool to Rule Them All

there will be a quiz

1. Did he say a gun is the best?
    or
  2. Did he say a flashlight is the best?
    and
  3. Do you want to defend yourself from a dog, with a flashlight?

4. How about defending from a dog with a stun gun? (well… if that dog has a stun gun… hmmm)

5. How about this?
Experts Call This New Technology The Biggest Breakthrough In Animal Behavior Studies

if there’s someone elses dog that is being aggresive towards you, you can use it to keep them away

You’re not the least bit cynical, are you? :wink: Most judges do a good job of staying fair and unbiased, and the twelve jurors help insure fairness for the vast majority of litigants. Although, it could be a regional thing… in certain mega metros like your own, and maybe even in some tiny podunks where everybody knows everybody, all bets could be off.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t as far I have seen when out with people that had such devices, the same device had different reactions from different dogs.

Good luck getting to a trial. “Please guilty to a lesser charge or we’ll throw the book at you while you sit in county for months.