Is there a middle ground between Solarforce and bored Surefire P60 hosts?

I would like to start off by saying that I love my 3 Solarforce hosts and I recommend them to any of my friends wanting a high quality, cheap light.

My problem is that it seems they are the only game in town until you go for a bored out Surefire C2 or 6P. While I know Surefires are really nice, I just dont see the value in them when compared to a Solarforce. So my question is this: Is there anything between Solarforce and a bored out Surefire price and quality wise?

I think malkoff makes hosts similar to surefire, I think they are high quality and more expensive than solarforce. Are they worth it I have no clue.

I have a Malkoff MD2 Turn-key. It is a very fine 18650 P60 host. These are built “cop tough” I got it from Illumination Supply. I also have a Solarforce P1D, which I think is their most rugged and highest quality to date.

FYI, the Malkoff (and Elzetta) hosts are built for Malkoff drop-ins only - 20mm lens opening instead of the 26mm opening on a typical P60 host. They're nice, but kind of limited as far as being a P60 host.

Thanks rojos. I never realized that. I bought the Malkoff with a Nichia Malkoff dropin already installed. It even came loaded with with two cr123s, I just had turn it on. I mostly bought it because all I wanted was a light with a Nichia 219, and have never had a reason to remove the drop-in to look at it. I guess I’ll do that today.

I have Solarforce and Surefire and I honestly think the Solarforce hosts are nicer. There may be a detail I’m missing but my LP2 for example is nicer than my Z2 from Surefire.

If you get a HA3 Solarforce, there isn’t much better.