Is there a reason to lockout the tail cap instead of the head?

You are correct Sir. A little tiny twist, total travel of no more than a mm or two, maybe even less.

DavidEF said it right.
A very very small amount of ROTATION. Maybe a mm or two, or less.

If the anodization wears, I can just lock through the tail or the switch, not the end of the light.

I hope you don’t measure light bulbs in circumferential size as I once had a chap that did do so. Threw me off completely!

So now I understand your dismay: “It is not two turns, it is literally just cracking the flush fit. You literally could not fit a hair in the gap. I know I am dumb, especially in math, but what you said makes no sense to me.

LOL

Well, he did say “a twist of a couple of mm” not “an opening of a couple mm” so… :wink:

For me at least, it’s not too difficult and I have SWM V11R/M11R lights, that I twist the heads on, so I’m not really too worried about things.

Most of my tailcap lights, I just loosen them and with ~18 lights at arm’s length, I’m not sweating things at all, but do what’s comfortable for you.

I’m more concerned about employing my G22 in an emergency, than any light that I have.

Chris

That is automatic, no pun intended.