Is there any manufacturers that make good (and affordable) off-road lights?

I heard that.

Sticking the light out the window reminded me of a time I was in a 2WD truck with a cap/topper on it and we were out in the country a ways and tried to make it up this hill and could not.(snowy road) had to back a long way down, narrow road, big ditch on one side and nice downhill on the other. Wife holds one of those “million candlepower” spotlights everyone used to have out the window so I can see backing down. Truck starts picking up speed because of the snow and the sliding makes her loose he balance and she hits the aluminum inside roof of the cap with the light, which goes right in my eyes, so now we’re zooming downhill backward and I really can’t see squat. we did make it home though

Reminds me of a song by Jerry Reed…
“He was coming down backwards ’bout the speed of sound”

If shes still your wife you’ve got a good one!

Beleive me, I’ve thought about it.
We’ll see how i like the new light bar tonight…its getting mounted up here shortly. 300KCd should be just the trick. The only question is if the hotspot is big enough. I do have some smaller single emitter pod type lights that can help with width, they just don’t throw as far and they have the spill that I’m not looking for since they’re standard reflector-n-forward-facing LED lights.

yup she still has not kicked me to the curb after all this time

I was thinking about that say 2-4 of those cheap ebay bike lights. they have a pretty good throw. a bit high on the cheese factor though

Ok, a little input on the Traveller x blackout light bar:
1: power cord is far too short to run into the cab with the supplied switch. No matter, I spliced it into the high beam wire near the headlight which was right there. Its nice to have the control right at your finger tip if traffic approaches.

2:.the hot spot is a little too tall and not wide enough by just a little. It still lights up road signs pretty badly and I was wanting for more width spread. It’s a mostly round hotspot. Needs better cutoff on the top of the hotspot since I do still have to kill the light when approaching road signs. But it’s WAY better than anything else I’ve found, considering the throw.
3: the throw, as I suspected, is SO nice. Rough guess, but it seems to throw about 3x further than my low beam headlights. Width is almost wide enough. 2 of these, pointed slightly to each side, would be awesome. But don’t get me wrong, it’s still damn nice to have all that light down range.
4: the cool white tint and yellowish corona proved to not really be an issue while driving. Yes, I would prefer something a little warmer, but I’m kinda used to cool white driving lights by now.
5 I’m keeping it. Can’t beat that throw with anything else I’ve found besides a bad ass flashlight. Deer were spotted so much further ahead than I’m used to… it was nice not to be sweating bullets.