Is this a nut light or what :D

This look interesting, a cheap bigger than normal aspheric host or a possible interesting cheap multi emitter host.

I am thinking one could use a amber/red/deep red for an cheap after dark light 26650 host. But there are no pictures of the tail part removed i wonder if it is removable at all. But if Iwhere to only use it as a cheap multi XP-E/E2 host maybe the lost amp from no low resistance mods wouldn’t be noticeable anyway.

But if one want to use it as a hotrod host for a XM-L2/XP-G2 for max throw, it would get in the way of max performance if the switch & switch spring isn’t modable.

Anyone get this yet and can report back how its functioning?

Many have ordered it - because I got a message from the seller that they will ship in in a few days - after restock.

If noone does, I can make some photos and make beamshots with a XM-L2 / XP-G2

If I can remember…

Ordered mine from TMART on 5/29, shipped today. I used the coupon code in the OP, so $8.99 shipped. Coupon is expired now.

Well I got mine, the nut is just to screw it onto a tripod or some such. “yellow” is more of a warm white LED, white (and all of them) are not very strong on output, blue is an impressively rich deep blue purple. Its got a nice sturdy build, smooth aspheric, smooth threads and…I’m not certain but maybe a 32650 would fit? 26650 needs an adapter and the chunky 3xAA has no reason to be that big…maybe for a 32650 is all I can think of? LEDs are raised and I havent opened it up yet but it appears to be on some sort of plastic.

Overall, its a neat light, hefty, but…well…fun to play with but kind of useless. At least I cant find a real use, other than playing with it in the approaching night until I get bored. :slight_smile:

I think, it could be useful to change the LEDs to:

- XP-G2 NW

- XP-G2 color (what you want / need)

• Some UV Emitter

Could you make a shot of the beam with a lens + LEDs off center?
Is the nut removable? I don’t think that it looks good :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there such a thing as XP-G2 colour?

I have seen this being mentioned here a few times, but i have never seen it for sale anywhere, only XP-E/E2’s in different colours.

My bad.
I have never built a color-light flashlight, so I had no idea, that there are no colored XP-Gs…

Does it have a glass lens as claimed?

The lens is plastic, and the nut appeared to be glued in, I don’t have it here to disassemble. The beams are very much off center, it wouldnt be so great for pinpoint signalling. In fact as is its fun to fool around with, but I wouldnt use it for much else. Maybe a major mod machining a copper pill in, a new driver and putting in an emitter to run off a 32650 (have not checked diameter either).

These lights are somewhat pointless because a lens works better the closer the object is from 0° to its axis. When something is many mm off-center behind a lens, it’s refracted way the heck over there into those trees.

I agree, I actually had left it at work as kind of a toy to give away to someone already.

So, any pics of mcpcb and pill :quest:

Mine arrived today. Not bad, on first impression.

Plastic lens, for sure. Two red O-rings under the bezel.

coolwhite-bright-dim; warmwhite-bright-dim, blue-bright-dim; no mode memory — starts on bright coolwhite.
Actually useful difference between bright and dim on each color.

The flood for all of them is fine. And I can work with the spot, they’re a bit off axis of course, kind of like using an old 5mm LED light with its lens a bit off, but it goes where I point it. Quite small spot size, a bit smeared not perfectly rectilinear, again from being off axis, but as a working light, it does work fine for that.

3xAA carrier; 26650 cell is a little loose side to side but works fine

Can’t tell how the emitter is held in — press fit, maybe. No obvious way to get it out from the lens side without just prying at the edges. There’s an outside ring with notches all around it, and an inside ring, with the emitters held down under that.

Looks almost like it’d take one of those multi-armed pullers used on automobile axle parts to get it out.

Looking up the battery tube (head doesn’t unscrew from the battery tube) I can see a couple of cutouts in the edge of the driver board, so if I had a l-o-n-g needlenose plier it might be that unscrews from the back side (or pressed in, more likely).

Pictures in a bit, to the extent I can see anything.

Hm. If I thought it’d be easy to get the emitter out and back in, I’d find it very tempting to swap emitters to put in some more useful choices for my own purposes.
Not sure I want to tear it up trying though.

Nut light - emitters | Hank Roberts | Flickr emitters

Nut light - tailswitch | Hank Roberts | Flickr tailswitch

VERY noticeable blinking in the low brightness blue mode, both waving the light around and in the camera viewfinder.

I don’t see what for would one use this light in stock version!

I got one today. Review.

The cool and warm options are, maybe, useful choices to have in stock condition.
I see no use for the blue, and would try an amber emitter in that position — if someone figures out how to get the thing apart.

Nice review from PilotDog — followups there.

Note that this is the same host as the Warsun Zoomie X65 Warsun Zoomie X65. Bro of UF1405?. I have one modified and two on order, all the nut light tripod mount version. The prices are a nice change from those reduced price LED Lensers that I have been working on.

My fifth grader grand nephew chose my three color Nut Light for his Xmas present, out of my non-lithium lights.
I had replaced the cool and warm white LEDs with red and yellow on a Noctigon triple MCPCB, and bypassed the resistors on the blue channel. (I tried bypassing the resistors on the yellow channel and got thermal runaway in the yellow XP-E.) I took the old rechargeables out and gave him new RayOVac alkalines. I think his father was glad they are AAs not AAAs and will last a while. It also has a DX lens.