Is this too good to be true? S2+ for $8.99

I was sent one of these (grey *6) from GB recently after a giveaway and it is the genuine article!

Thanks for sharing.

I can only remember one batch of fake convoys that GB sold. Other than that all their Convoys have been reported to have been genuine so you’re chances of getting a real one are pretty good. I just want to give a reminder that Gearbest really did sell fake Convoy’s and they were not good lights.

I got a fake red Convoy S2+ from Gearbest and the light is clearly inferior to genuine convoy products. At first the light didn’t seem too bad for $12 but after comparing it to genuine Convoys I saw how horrible the quality of the fake was. Incorrectly advertised emitter, incorrectly advertised driver which is very finicky, aluminum retaining ring instead of brass, and uncomfortable stainless steel button. I got so mad that I actually swore off buying from Gearbest for about a year and only recently started buying from them again after hearing good things on BLF.

I believe Gearbest sorted out the problem and hasn’t sold any fake Convoys for a while, so you should be safe. However, just be aware that Gearbest has sold fake S2+s in the past and they were nasty.

The funny thing is that someone asked recently if the emitter was XM-L or XM-L2 and gearbest replied that it was XM-L. Clearly it’s a case of employees not knowing the product and just quoting the description.

Ordered one, not that i need more flashlights… but hey with points i paid only 7.5USD, great price for what you get, i might build another triple with this one :slight_smile:

Only those you buy cheaply prebuilt — which have been made useless as hosts.
You don’t have to do that.
Instead: Help - advice for Convoy red S2+ driver ground - #7 by hank

Ugh, I saw the sale and told myself “no, you have plenty of Convoy S-series lights”. Then I just couldn’t stand it anymore. Picked one up for $6.31 after points.

Bought one :slight_smile:
Looks like a good deal and first S2+ for me.

Sez $10.59 now. What happened to $8.99

You are right, I chatted with them and they confirmed that yes it’s a flashlight, all she said!!

I saw that in the morning they got either sold all and got new stock??
Let me update the OP

Would have bought for 8.99…but not now :cry:

Sorry for the late response - I was away from my computer this morning. I compared my emitter to the CREE website pictures and it is definitely an XM-L2.

The strange thing is, the price is about 11 usd, and when i click it, it is 8,99

When I click I get 9.33 but the currency changes to EUR. weird

Hope that helps.

they seem to be sold out

Thanks for reminding me of this deal… Just ordered four… just in case. :smiley:

dammit yall suckered me.
$10.59 shipped.
now the waiting begins.
already have a Netherlands post tracking number.
edit.
came 11/28.
cant imagine one could get anything nicer for $10.59!
only regret is not getting a few more.
the 2 empty 7135 pads are telling me to turn on the solder station….

Great, glad to hear that.

Please, Let me know if the light you ordered actually arrives with the exact specs

Let me make some comments here if I may…
First, that looks like one heck of a deal on a genuine Convoy S2+. I had no idea they sold that cheap on GB. I’d think they have to be losing money at that price. It’s an older model but not outdated and quite an excellent light. They’re probably just clearing them out as the new stuff is coming.

Simon hasn’t sold any Convoy lights with an XML emitter in a long time. Simon sells many varieties of S2+ but you cannot order a Convoy with 10 7135 chips. If you do it is a almost certainly a fake.

Seriously enhanced firmware is being incorporated into much of the Convoy line thanks to ToyKeeper.

We have many great things coming:

The S2+ will see:
DTP copper stars stock
High quality AR-coated glass
SMO reflector options
XPL-HI offered in said smooth reflector.
Clear anodizing and possibly even a few more things that I can’t say…top secret. :wink:
Oops…I’ve said too much. :zipper_mouth_face: