Is this too good to be true? S2+ for $8.99

they seem to be sold out

Thanks for reminding me of this deal… Just ordered four… just in case. :smiley:

dammit yall suckered me.
$10.59 shipped.
now the waiting begins.
already have a Netherlands post tracking number.
edit.
came 11/28.
cant imagine one could get anything nicer for $10.59!
only regret is not getting a few more.
the 2 empty 7135 pads are telling me to turn on the solder station….

Great, glad to hear that.

Please, Let me know if the light you ordered actually arrives with the exact specs

Let me make some comments here if I may…
First, that looks like one heck of a deal on a genuine Convoy S2+. I had no idea they sold that cheap on GB. I’d think they have to be losing money at that price. It’s an older model but not outdated and quite an excellent light. They’re probably just clearing them out as the new stuff is coming.

Simon hasn’t sold any Convoy lights with an XML emitter in a long time. Simon sells many varieties of S2+ but you cannot order a Convoy with 10 7135 chips. If you do it is a almost certainly a fake.

Seriously enhanced firmware is being incorporated into much of the Convoy line thanks to ToyKeeper.

We have many great things coming:

The S2+ will see:
DTP copper stars stock
High quality AR-coated glass
SMO reflector options
XPL-HI offered in said smooth reflector.
Clear anodizing and possibly even a few more things that I can’t say…top secret. :wink:
Oops…I’ve said too much. :zipper_mouth_face:

It’d be great if he switches to DTP for everything. Heck, pretty soon I may not even have a reason to buy Convoy hosts; the full lights will be coming from Simon just how I would have built it myself!

Well, except I like to further tinker with the firmware (such as Babka, my spin on Biscotti). But I can always pull the driver, flash it, and put it back.

J-Dub, thanks for working with Simon to make all of this awesomeness happen. Truly appreciate it!

Now just to decide what to do to my new Grey S2+…

You can buy SMO reflector and AR glass in simons Convoy shop
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/20-5-1-6mm-ar-coated-glass-suitable-for-Convoy-S2-S2-S3-S6-S8-flashlight/330416_32679292741.html
The odd thing is others sell his stuff cheaper than he lists it

Unfortunately he has not that high end bins like
XML2 U4-1C or U3-3D
XPL HI V2-3A
XPL HD V6-3D NW, V6-1D CW or U5-7A3 high CRI

He has the new firmware driver in his shop listed
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7135x3-7135x4-7135x6-7135x8-with-new-firmware/32734523412.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.7HiRu6

Had to do it, $6.70 after points :slight_smile:

Are people still seeing the price as $8.99?

The price keeps changing, but I haven’t seen it at $8.99 yet.

$10.59 and I haven’t seen it lower than that…

There were only 200 for that price and they sold all yesterday

That’s what I thought. ~24hrs ago there were only 30 remaining, but the way some people have spoken/typed makes it sound like they have purchased at the lower price in the last few hours. Maybe I’m just tired and not reading things correctly.

I’m fine missing this one. I’m fine missing anything from Gearbest right now. My last completed order ended up with a paypal resolution, but last month I decided to give them another try on a $20+ order, and my order isn’t here yet. It was one of those Convoy UV lights, and from the way folks here have been talking, that’s probably going to be resolved by paypal too.

They could have done what I did. I added 2 to my cart about 12 hours ago, and just now finalists the purchase :slight_smile:

mine came in at $10.59.
applied blf code and went UP to 13.xx

Just to be clear, mine came up at $10.59 - max points for my VIP level and $.73 from my wallet from a previous cancelled order to get my price.

Leaftye - don’t give up on them yet dude. I’ve had two minor issues from them (out of a dozen or so) which they handled w/o having to resort to paypal. FT is still 0 for 2 with me and BG’s reputation is still pending the outcome of the OldLumens Ltd debacle.

I took a flier on this last deal and went without tracking (lord I was born a gambling man) but whenever I spring for tracking with GB there are no issues.

Take it for what it’s worth, just my experience YMMV but so far they’ve outperformed the other budget guys for me.

Sean

I haven’t totally given up yet, but it’s close. At this point it might be another year or two before I order from them again unless my light shows up soon. Hopefully that’s Monday so that I can use it on my camping trip next week. If it doesn’t show up at all, and GB makes a refund difficult again, then that’s a two order streak. If it goes 3 in a row, then I’m done with them forever. It’s not like these orders are close together. That might be explained by a specific carrier, or a storm, or a bad employee. My last two orders with them were far apart, and my next one won’t be coming for a long time. Continued failures like that would tell me that’s not a mistake, but how they intentionally do business.

Weird how shipping for 2 lights is cheaper than 1. :S

Shipping for most of these sites ia based around the total price and not the weight/size. So as you spend more the shipping gets cheaper or becomes free ect. This is why I generally save up items and place one larger order instead of a bunch of small ones.