Is this Week's 3W 3-Mode White Light Mini LED Flashlight Bestseller Better Than This One?

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The 14500 burned the boost circuit so the output on alkaline is barely visible now. I’m just shocked it is still working on a 14500.

I have received some lights that I orderred off of fleabay that looks like the 1st light you have listed. Is labeled as Ultrafire. But there is no model listed any where. Built seems to be good but a little bigger than the sipik 68 model. I will post up some pictures and beam shots later on. Would I recommend it?
NO!!

Too Dim, Too big, Needs better led (seems to have generic LED) too blue.

Regards.

It is currently in my rotation used as my EDC. $8.99 from DX. On one side it says “CREE”. On the other side it says, “NF-x8455”.

http://dx.com/p/nf-x8455-flood-to-throw-zooming-cree-q3-wc-3-mode-160-lumen-led-flashlight-w-clip-1xaa-1x14500-90381?item=16

It is capable of using both AA and 14500. Acceptably bright using NiMH AA, pleasingly brighter when using 14500. Mine has 3 modes, high, low, and strobe. I like zoomers because of their versatility, although this one zooms by twisting the ring, not as fast as zoomers where you just push it out. It has a little ball bearing under the silver zooming ring, which is extremely easy to lose if you take the head apart (mine is long gone). Zoom function still works without the ball bearing, but you don’t get the clicky feeling, and the ring rattles around more now. DX describes the driver as constant current 700 mA regulated so that makes it about 2 watts input power to the LED, which might be a bit on the conservative side if you use a 14500. It seems a bit more than 2 watts to me, but I don’t have an accurate way to measure lumens.

I just measured tailcap amperage at 0.80A on high, 0.20A on low using a Trustfire flames 14500 half discharged (3.95V).

As Newuser01 just said, it is bulky for an AA flashlight. Bezel is around 28 mm in diameter, and overall length is around 110 mm. Doesn’t tail stand because of scalloped tail cap. I have a Sipik68 (or clone), and the image of the emitter is about 1/2 the area of the emitter image of the Sipik68. Since switching to using 14500 in this one, I don’t think I would go back to AA. Not really bright enough on regular AA, but it is nice to have that capability in a pinch.

Zoomed beam on low from 10 feet. Emitter image height is about 9 inches or 225mm.

Can you tell if the LED is infact cree? Is the beam kind of blue or more white?
I’ve written up the review here for the light that looks like this. Got this from fleabay. Now thinking about returning them: review

enjoy, and don’t buy this one - get the sipik sk68 instead ….

Regards.

I own two of those. (And 2 more comming :frowning: )
Not as good as this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-Q5-LED-Flashlight-Torch-7W-300LM-Adjustable-Focus-Zoom-Light-Lamp-300-Lumen-/300756337052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item460679819c

It also uses both 14500 and AA.

Only problem are, only on/off. But it is bright. Very bright. 300 with 14500 and 100 + with alkaline AA.