"It lit my kids face on fire" e-cig explosion

I’m sorry Halo. Hypocrisy just really sets me off.I’m done, have a good night.This is still the best forum around.

To BLF :beer:

Ask O-L what he’s going to put in his BOSS-1, 26650 Ni-Cad’s?

I only have one light that pulls over 20A from a single cell (21.1A), another that does over 17A. Scary feeling, bumping them up to Turbo. The Titanium host makes it a classy bomb and all the Trits will help find the parts if anything ever happens. :wink: (Pretty sure I should step it back down to a triple (Quad Ti X6) or at least put HI’s in it, those Nichia 219C’s draw way too much… hmmm, like that kid)

We have laws here against kids having smoking product, meaning cigarettes, tobacco, lighters, rolling papers. But I don’t know if they’ve added in the e-cigs. City ordinance is still law, although some scoff at it. When you think about it though, how much different is this from all those “good parents” that give their 16 yr old with his/her new license a Mustang or Camaro? “I know you just learned to drive, and I’m proud of you! Here’s a 400HP beast, have fun, be careful!” Duh!

After reading this i will tell you that that kid went over the board with his coil
Im 100% sure that he wraped his coil that were pulling more amps then that battery could deliver and there was a bumm
He was using unregulated mod which means ZERO protection
If you stupid and want to show off how big clouds you can blow and dont know the limits then you walk without teeth
Just my 2c

AW and Efest can be Chinese cells.

Generally I am against banning anything (With exceptions), but prefer informing people.

I hear you all! I hate the government banning things also! It is infringing on our rights as human take smoking normal cigarettes we know they are bad for you and have known for a very long time! But all is good while the government makes more money from them through tax…but now they are spending more on the problem then they are making they want to ban smoking!

Like all things in life education and moderation is key!

If people know how volatile lithium ion batteries can be maybe they change there perception…

Also its a minority problem a few ruin it for every one else!
They banned high powered laser here in Australia because people where shining them at planes! So we can do the same with certain flashlights shall we ban them also? or maybe because they are LED’s they will ban them!

Sorry i know i am not supposed to talk politics!

Yep, I had no idea people were using ecigs for making clouds. As a direct result, now I can't do my stealth vaping anywhere cigarettes aren't allowed. Thanks! I quite smoking at the end of 2012. Last thing I would ever want to see is any vapor or smoke ever leave my mouth again. Stupid punks with low self esteem needing to draw attention to themselves to somehow gain a distorted perception of self worth. Just disgusting....

The UK’s National Health Service has issued this report stating that “E-cigarettes are 95% less harmful than tobacco and could be prescribed on the NHS in future to help smokers quit”. While not vaping is certainly better than vaping, vaping has repeatedly proven to be much less harmful for a users health than smoking.

Yeah, could be similar to all those hoverboard fires that have happened due to faulty batteries/charging systems.

This video of a hoverboard, at 0:45 in the video, the guy picks up parts that “exploded” from it, you can see its definitely the casing and internals of a 18650 cell that literally blew up, (ejected the components of the cell, not just a venting…

[quote=Sharpie]

To be fair, its likely that the only supplier that the NHS would be able to work with to get a mass produced high tolerance medical grade product would be a big tobacco firm. Most e-cig outfits are small places that couldn’t scale, or Chinese OEM’s that might not be reliable. And as much as I like my DNA40, I can’t see the NHS prescribing drippers.

But I am still thankful for vaping, after a decade of smoking they made me quit by accident.

By accident?

I started to vape just to cut down, no intention of stopping smoking as I’d tried and failed multiple times before, and if I was honest actually really enjoyed smoking. After a month of vaping I no longer wanted to smoke, and couldn’t stand the smell of cigarettes or people who smoked. I’ve not smoked since, even when I had the opportunity, and had no desire to smoke again even when I couldn’t vape for long periods of time.

It might not be for everyone, but for me it was a very quick and unexpected transformation from a 40+ a day guy to someone who had zero desire to smoke. If you or people you know smoke, but have a nagging feeling that they ought not to smoke, they should try vaping.

I have to say that I am quite pleased that this discussion turned into people sharing their positive experiences with vaping. Very cool!

I’ve never smoked or vaped myself. And luckily none of my family or friends smoke or vape either.

I’ve been vaping for 3 years now. I find it very offensive that people want to ban it because of things like this happening. When I quit smoking I did a TON of research and made educated choices on what to use, and how to use it. Just like a car, or gun, or tools. People mis-use skilsaws and cut off fingers and get into shins ALL THE TIME, and kids too. Should be ban the saws? Same argument for cars. So ban cars then? No. Don’t be an idiot and sub-ohm (loooow ohm, high vapor) with cheap batteries, and you’d better have a GOOD multimeter and monitor your batteries voltage. Even Efest is stupid to use for high drain vaping. They’re just rewrap mystery batts. Sony VTCs or Samsung 25r will do. And even those should be watched closely. It’s sad because I will have to pay for what this idiot and his kid have done. Makes me sick. I live in the US, but many have done the same here, and I’m soon to feel the harsh regulations. You can learn EVERYTHING vaping on Youtube. ALOT of info on battery and vaping safety. If you don’t educate yourself, well, go ahead and keep puffing on the pipe bomb(mechanical mod+supm-fire battery+sub-ohm coil) you’ve created. But when you’re losing teeth, blame yourself, not the ecig.
By the way, I am MUCH more healthy from quiting tobacco and starting vaping. From the docs mouth. So anyone saying vaping is just as bad as tobacco needs to do just a little research. And from GOOD sources, not the ones funded by big tobacco. Google Dr. Farsalinos. Sorry for the rant, but this topic really “grinds my gears” lol.

I think the whole trouble with vaping is that people don’t seem to be happy with a ‘vape’ - they want to ‘cloud’ which then requires these huge amp drains, custom mods etc.
There is a big difference.
Likening it to a cigarette would be like smoking 1 cigarette - or 10 together ( or a huge cigar) just for the effect of the amount of smoke you could blow out. There seems to be a fashion for blowing out huge ‘clouds’ of vapor, rather than what they were intended for which is to aid stopping smoking, or lessening the damage caused.
When you walk around the town in the UK a lot of young people seem to be taking it up as a fashion, indeed the shops where you buy them are usually full of young people blowing huge lung fulls out in competitions - I use one daily and never puff out that much, not even close.
I think rather than using them as a stopping smoking aid, they are becoming something else altogether, a new fashion staement - or thing to do to be trendy. I’m pretty sure a lot of these people never smoked at all, and are just taking it up to go along with the crowd and look cool.

I didn’t know e-cigs could be so dangerous, people should stick to analog smoking…oh wait….never mind.

I rarely go below 0.9Ω, but that’s with a regulated DNA40 mod and suitable batteries. The sweet spot is around 1-1.2Ω otherwise quite a few of the juices I like taste burnt and everything gets way to hot (even with copper heatsinks inline with the RTA). But you can get much larger clouds simply by using a juice with more VG than PG.

Interesting info but I’ll stick to my home grown air cured pesticide-free organic tobacco. Looking forward to planting another small crop (about 200 plants) in May.