It's time for Ouchyfoot to get his first zoomie...need help

Its true. I don't own a zoomie type flashlight, and I haven't paid particular attention to the zoomie threads. I guess it's time, and I'm in the dark. I'm assuming that "zoomie" and "aspheric" are the same. What do I know.

Anyway, I need to pick a moddable light to play with. Something with substance and potential. Solid with good heat transference so I can mod it to extremes if I want. I'm not looking for a small sipik, but something more substantial. Wow potential if that applies.

If the zoomie crowd could help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Not being a zoomie owner myself, I read the Brinyte B158 thread by Mhanlen, for $22 seemed like a no brainer.

Lots of good reviews for the price, extra pills available… All the stuff we like here on BLF.

Gearbest shipped my order in less than 24 hours, paid $2 extra for the USPS priority.

An aspheric can be fixed or flood-to-spot(zoomy). The B158 is my first zoomie but seems pretty well made and well set up for modding(spare pills and no thread locker). The pill is threaded into the battery tube which in turn has the multiple zoom threads to control head position. On mine the die doesn’t quite come into clear focus, I can see the bond wires and die lines but they remain blurred.

I’d check out the Jax Z1 in the CPFItalia group buy, which you can also find here at BLF. You won’t have to mod it, it’s pretty well set as is, for a good price.

+1

Group Buy CPFItalia Cometa

The JAX GB looks good, but doesn’t really provide me with a hobby. I don’t really need anymore flashlights, so if one arrives fully modded, it doesn’t leave me much to do but try it out and then put it on a shelf. I need a project light.

Gotcha.

Ouchyfoot, that’s crazy that you don’t have a zoomie. Not really that much into them myself but do have a few.
Jax
Brinyte
Uniquefire
Plus the Uniquefire 1403, 1405, 1503, 1504, 1505, T20, there might be some more UF’s I’m not listing.

The UF-1508 looks like it could be very nice as well. I would wait for someone to break it down though.

more info: Ultimate aspherical flashlight set / Uniquefire 1508

Actually, I do have one. It’s a custom Old Lumens mini-mag zoomie. It’s pretty nice. I mostly use it to play with my cat.
Old Lumens Mini-Mag Zoomie

Brinyte B158

I’ve just ordered a Brinyte B158 after a recommendation, good value and moddable.

I can’t wait for it to arrive. :slight_smile:

I like the option of dropping in a new pill.

That looks like fun. Can you get spare pills to go with it?

What is that light n10sivern? Looks awesome. Is that the uniquefire 1508?

Yes