ive gone completely convoy c8+ mad

You’ll need an L6 then
And many others :wink:

Got 9 - Convoy C8 Clear and C8, 2x S2 7135x6 for the (teenage) kids, S2+ for Mrs, S2+ Copper, S2+ UV, L2 & L6

Good stuff!

You’ll need an L6 then And many others :wink:
[/quote]

Oh, I know. Looking at the L2 host but mtn is out of stock.

Love convoys. The problem I have with them is they are dirt cheap considering the quality and very easy to mod and if one of my friends or family members ask for a light with the emitter and beam type they like convoys are the first to be given away. Now I only have a UV s2 left in my collection.

Ironically, I think I only have 1 Convoy C8, and that’s a type-2 host.

S-series tubelights, though, I could open Convoy America and start selling ’em.

All my C8s are either other brands like Sofirn, used as-is, all the way down to crappy no-name garbage-lights that I was gutting to only use as cheap hosts.

I guess this link should be included here :smiley:

Well, I have six Convoys (two S2’s, one C8, one M1, one S2+, and one M2 in the mail; all of them Biscotti, either out of the box or modded) and I’m barely getting started. You be the judge.

I’ve got some acting up to do

How about a shiny C8? (Astrolux C8 Copper/brass)

I like the black and sand colours , maybe I come round to shinny though

If you like the C8, have you seen the Mini C8s ? :wink:
Jaxman and Manta Ray have some models!!

For that matter, the GTmicro. Nice side-switch, throwy as all Hell, makes a nice shrunk-down C8…

If you, like me, have one with a XHP50.2, get an OPR to make the C8 an allrounder.

Recently boarded the C8 train myself.

Bought a used Thorfire C8S here, then ended up buying a Sofirn C8T & C8A. Gifted the C8T to my sister and her husband since they have some acreage and needed a decent thrower. Now have an Astrolux C8 on order in one of the neutral tints, can’t remember if it was A or B. Next will probably be a Convoy C8+, maybe in a warm tint.

Sounds like it would have a beam about like the M1’s. I dig it.

just bought c8+ sst40 2000lm 65000 from BG. Worth to try also another led or not?

It’s hard to keep up! What’s the best version currently for a nice balanced (not pure throw) beam?

My favorite in that category is the Sofirn C8F. The UI is tolerable, but the new version with the high CRI Samsung emitters is calling my name.

My favorite so far is the C8F Sofrin as well. Although mine isn’t quite performing to specs, I will get it there. The Convoy C8+ is really throwy compared to the Sofrin but I really enjoy its beam as well, just wish they have a driver with the SST-40 that does a smooth ramp from moonlight to Turbo.

Yep, I can see I am in good c8 company. I thought five was getting up there for light usage.
I normally carry three c8s when hunting,! one on the rifle two on the hip along with another three small lights.
It can be along time before day break.
KH