ive gone completely convoy c8+ mad

I’ve got some acting up to do

How about a shiny C8? (Astrolux C8 Copper/brass)

I like the black and sand colours , maybe I come round to shinny though

If you like the C8, have you seen the Mini C8s ? :wink:
Jaxman and Manta Ray have some models!!

For that matter, the GTmicro. Nice side-switch, throwy as all Hell, makes a nice shrunk-down C8…

If you, like me, have one with a XHP50.2, get an OPR to make the C8 an allrounder.

Recently boarded the C8 train myself.

Bought a used Thorfire C8S here, then ended up buying a Sofirn C8T & C8A. Gifted the C8T to my sister and her husband since they have some acreage and needed a decent thrower. Now have an Astrolux C8 on order in one of the neutral tints, can’t remember if it was A or B. Next will probably be a Convoy C8+, maybe in a warm tint.

Sounds like it would have a beam about like the M1’s. I dig it.

just bought c8+ sst40 2000lm 65000 from BG. Worth to try also another led or not?

It’s hard to keep up! What’s the best version currently for a nice balanced (not pure throw) beam?

My favorite in that category is the Sofirn C8F. The UI is tolerable, but the new version with the high CRI Samsung emitters is calling my name.

My favorite so far is the C8F Sofrin as well. Although mine isn’t quite performing to specs, I will get it there. The Convoy C8+ is really throwy compared to the Sofrin but I really enjoy its beam as well, just wish they have a driver with the SST-40 that does a smooth ramp from moonlight to Turbo.

Yep, I can see I am in good c8 company. I thought five was getting up there for light usage.
I normally carry three c8s when hunting,! one on the rifle two on the hip along with another three small lights.
It can be along time before day break.
KH

First off, welcome to BLF! :partying_face:

Secondly, while I sure appreciate the dedication, why carry so many torches when you can carry just extra batteries?

I dislike the C8 design but it is a nice form factor.
Maybe time to revive the original C8 addicts thread?

Hi gentlemen, can you please explain what is a ramping driver?

Edited because I think I mixed up my modes in my mind !

I ordered convoy c8+ sst40 led with ramping driver , I’ll proberly order one of lexel drivers or led4you , I like bistroHD Firmware

Refer to my manual for Convoy’s ramping driver

Google Photos

Can the firmware be changed ? To say bistro

Thanks for the welcome Jack kellar.
There are a few reasons I carry a couple it’s easier to pull an extra light when cutting up meat at night and also I end up supplying my second one to someone who hasn’t been prepared for a night out. I had a break down in the bush one night thick canopy no moon and no back up, since that day its not a problem.
I carry two extra 18650 for torch or for the night vision unit.
The two little ones are just my edc utorch ut01 and a little one AAA user lumin top,they are always on the hip in the Leatherman sheath.
Funny you should say that about so many torchs, the other night on the way hunting came across a car in a deep ditch, that night every torch I had was used by the time the emergency services arrived.
I suppose most on the forum don’t carry a fire extinguisher in their vehicle.
Years ago a young woman hit a power pole, three people were first on the scene no one had a fire extinguisher the girl was trapped and as they tried to remove her the car went on fire one of the men suffering third degree burns trying to get her out, in the end all they could do was listen to her cry’s and panic by the time emergency services arrived it was to late.
I am equipped for somethings that happen the winch on the ute pulled the vehicle out of the ditch and the elderly person was okay at the end of the day.
I encourage people to carry a fire extinguisher a basic tow rope and a good torch.
KH