JA7 Scratch Build (Update 15th July)

First post is updated with driver shots. Thanks

Its nice that you show a bit of love while your cooking. I assume that your tap and dies are the cheap ones you see on Fleabay. If so what do you think of them?

lol
Funny you should say that, i have no problem with the dies but the stock is abysmal. Bought them with aluminium and copper in mind. I have a 24x19 piece of 304 stainless for the bezel that i was expecting to thread with the 24m die but i found out that was never going to happen. Don’t know about cheap, I paid almost 20$ for the 24mm.

Updated

That is an incredible build! The ‘bling’ light :smiley:
Great work JA7, you overcame a lot of obstacles to make a beautiful light. :beer:

+1

Very unique! Great job!

Beautiful! Love the hammered finish.

well done, that is truly an amazing light. Unique just doesn’t do it justice! The craftsmanship and creative skills that went into it are most impressive.

Most unique? Certainly the most different. More of a piece of art that happens to be a flashlight. You are endowed with interesting talents.

As a trained observerUndecided, I would say that this light sets itself apart from any other build. JA7 could easily be called genius and madman in the same sentence. The use of colors and textures is a work of art, not a flashlight. It could be shown in an art exhibit. The many different processes and means of construction used, show a multi-talented person, with a blend of artictic talent, imagination and excellent skills.