Jacob A60 - first impressions

I think that coming back on high is normal on the latest version of the A60 - in the past it behaved differently, I believe. I noticed that with the new one I got from AuraBuy, which has the original driver in it still. Either it has memory of the last mode, or it defaults to hi after a few seconds of being off.

Wish mine reset to high like that. Next mode memory blows.

Ok, I know it’s probably a (utterly) crap test tool, but I used my iPhone on a ceiling bounce test thingy.

Using the front camera I fired Jacob at the ceiling to place the target area centrally, and simultaneously set the stopwatch away………74 lux, after 5 mins……74 lux, and only slightly warm……5 mins later……74 lux and still slightly warm!

The lux reading dipped dramatically when I put my hand over the torch, I removed it……73 lux and still slightly warm.

Is that informative in any way?

Oh and Gords……I’m patient, I know the laws on MOT and tax……and keeping the girls happy.

And Tom, I tested the torch in 5 second intervals……it’s 20 seconds my friend.

So, old Robbo might just have a newer generation Jacob eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you guys have any pictures how you mounted the XPE2 in the reflector. I received my A60 a few weeks ago and waiting on the 16mm sink pads to arrive and would like to see how it’s done before I mess something up;)

no worries, I will be ordering some qlite drivers next month (very nice 3 amp nanjg) it shouldn’t be too hard to remove a chip to give 2.6a, I could also order a couple of xp-e2’s as my jacobs needs a little more refinement too lol

If that makes a smaller hotspot with better throw……I’m in!! How much? (Mates rates?

hmmm, how much? I’ll have to find out what the parts come too and go from there, the driver is about four quid, the emitter? dunno, need to find some first.

Ohhh - might have pics, gotta check home later. I had to double stack those plastic LED guides - epoxied them down to the SinkPAD (I used a 20mm SinkPAD, easy to sand down with a dremel). So, the emitter is actually set back from the reflector a little bit - seemed to be the best focus point.

Will your mods give a tighter brighter hotspot with further throw Gords old buddy old pal?

Tom E….what’s your hotspot like?

Oh that question could be taken wrong, in soooo many ways!!!

And is a sinkpad a ‘star’? (forgive my ignorance)

The hotspot is tight (), but don't think much tighter than the stock Q5 (I should compare). Yes - a SinkPAD is a star board (because of it's typical shape), also known as a MCPCB.

Sorry Gords - I see you are doing regulated drivers too with the A60 - sandwhich method, I should do my next that way to get the custom modes programmed in a Nanjg.

that’s the plan, I’ve been a little tied up so I’ve not done much but yeah, the sandwich method is quite nice in that you can have whatever modes are available to a common nanjg, it also saves on stacking chips, something I’m not overly confident in tbh.

I do quite like direct drive with the standard board/wires on mine it draws 2.45a so is right around the sweet spot, its just nice to gain the low voltage protection and reverse polarity protection as well. :bigsmile:

Is there any replacement reflector for A60. I’ve peeled the color at the bottom of reflector while tightening the head J) .

I had a really good search on the web, and found…………NOTHING! :frowning:

Yes, been there. Maybe the reflector from tiablo a10 or solarforce m8 will fit, but i can’t find anything about that subject…

Mine is cracking, bumping up in the same area - still throws over 100 kcd though...

I have two A60. One of them i’m using for test. Currently with xr-e r2 from Fasttech, 2450 mA Nanjg 105 driver and Multi-Layer Coated HD Flashlight Lens from Kaidomain. Don’t have luxmeter, but to my eye it throw farrrr…

I want 100+ kcd!!!

Was think'n of building up another A60 (got a spare stock one) with same XP-E2, but a little higher in amps, maybe over 3A this time, but de-domed - should be a monster thrower but probably pencil beam.

me one!

meeeeee one!

I’ve got some raised 20mm weaver rails that will accomodate the head of an A60!

pencil beam sounds cool!

I recently tried xm-l u2 in my Jacob and it had well defined hotspot and nice spill. I have couple Xm-l2 u2 on Sinkpad coming and i wonder what driver would fit with that combination? I thought maybe this one, but not sure will that fit…
Maybe something with higher current: 2 x 18350 batterys?