Jacob A60 - first impressions

Aura Buy contacted me today and said mine would be shipped out on the 25th and that they are in stock.

I’ve been trying to buy this beautiful light from them for 2 days now. Can’t register on their site nor does the paypal button function. So I’ve given up for now.

Just been playing around with one someone sent me (the original LED burnt out after a few seconds). With an XP-G2 at 2 amps the best I seem to be able to get is probably around 35-40K lux. The reflector is sitting a good 1-2mm off the LED board to get it to focus so there must be a fair bit of loss. Once my SinkPads arrive I will try it with a red XPE.

I have used a green xre in one of mine and was getting about 28k-30k lux. Might be very difficult to get it to focus with the xpe. Let us know how it works out. Tom E also has stated that he couldnt get the xpg2 to focus either.

My other xre white gets around 68k - 70k at about 2.1a. Dedomed a xre that had laying around installed and the spot is quite a bit smaller but the lux was only at 65k measured the amps and was only getting 1.5a so get that bumped up and maybe I can get some super sweet numbers from it. Who knows though

As gords stated the HD2010 it significantly brighter and puts alot of light down the field. But as in the throw department my HD2010 is 56k and the A60 is 70k-72k.

I got an XR-E R2 from FastTech in my A60 now, was getting 81 kcd @2.45A.Over the weekend, added 1 more 7135 to 2.8A - it measures higher amps now but no increase in throw or lumens - still 81 kcd. So I think the limit is in that 2.45A range for the XR-E's. Also the same for the Q5 - actually think the R2 made little to no difference over the stock Q5.

After going through a lot with these lights, think the best setup is keeping the stock emitter, and installing a regulated 2.4-2.5A driver. Oh - and add a AR lens if you can find one in this size.

I had an email saying the light will ship today. We’ll see what arrives in a few weeks I guess.

Thats good to hear gords

Has anybody found a AR lens for A60’s?

I got a UCL or UCL/p, forget, from flashlightlens.com that is a bit too wide, tried sanding it down with some success - still doesn't quite screw all the way, but it works. Don't have the size #'s with me here.

Received email saying it has shipped today :bigsmile:

Me too.

This is it:

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S004327

Received in 8 days and it is coated indeed. Perfect fit.

Expensive compared to the A60 price, not so much when compared to the A60 true value.

That is one beautiful P60, and now you found an AR coated lens for it. I have to jump on the bandwagon on this one if it isn’t to late.

I found that lens too at KD over the weekend, ordered one.

Just ordered the A60 from aurabuy, PayPal is still spinning.... It will be my 2nd A60. I'll set it up with the 20 mm driver from I-O, 2.45A. Should be a hot setup. If you pay for tracking, there goes your 12% saving at $1.70, so I skipped tracking.

Oh no, still PayPal spinning away on "Loading...". Hhhmmm, dont' look good.

Has any aspheric lens that would fit the Jacob been found yet? I’ve looked through the other thread but there doesn’t seem to be one that fits perfectly. Might just have to settle for the coated one if there isn’t.

Hi Riche
You have to submit your telephone, then you can pay it by Paypal.

Besides, I want to ask your guys, are you willing to write down the telephone or not when shopping ?

Hi Kevin,

I don’t recall if I did or not. Is it really necessary? If there’s a problem with my order, if I can actually place the order, I assume I would be contacted by email or something. What do you think here?

I also noticed that the order will not go through without the phone number. This is not the only site that is set up that way. It’s something to do with UPS or Fedex contacting people via the phone if they can’t deliver the package. Most people don’t notice this glitch because the phone number is demanded during the address and it shows up marked as something that must be filled in. On this site it is different because it sits down on the bottom by itself so people don’t assume it is mandatory.

Put the phone number up with the address and it won’t be a problem.

Kevin, thanks for the coupon code for the X8 I used it with no problems.

Just to let people know, you can contact Kevin and he will provide a coupon for you if he can.

My A60 order went thru this evening, no problem. I did enter the phone # and shipping option, then PayPal button was enabled, eventually the transaction completed - seemed like a PayPal delay.

Thanks for the info on this I am definitely a believer in the coated lenses since the one I put in my defiant 3c light.