Jacob A60 OUT OF STOCK

I don't know about 400 but 300kcd should be piece of cake for this light with moderate driven XP/E2G2 emitter.

Yeah i agree, that was probably to high, that’s why i deleted that part right after posting.

Not impossible with your dd mod.

Maybe, but what got me to reconsider is that the Courui D01 i think(if someone has the ID on the D01 please add that, i couldn’t find it) has a larger reflector & those seems to top out at 365kcd or there about.

But who know this reflector can be of better quality. And if running fully DD like i like to build throwers, + one of the newest flux bins leds maybe 400kcd range could be possible, because i think the Javelot modded by Vinh with a fet driver + the XP-G2 S4 got to 385kcd.

And jmpaul320, has a Courui D01 to test soon with a XP-G2 S4 probably modded by vinh, so soon we will know what the Courui D01 can do with the newest flux bin.

EDIT
But what would like if i could afford it, is the ridiculous looking :stuck_out_tongue: but amazingly throwing Eagle Tac M25C2 Turbo, with a XP-G2 S4 for a nice 775kcd :open_mouth: :smiley:

Year 2010. Guy moded this with XRE(dome on of course) driven with 1,4A driver and he got 103kcd which was better result than any 50mm aspheric at that time (most of them did around 60kcd).

Stock Jacob does 60kcd with XRE with 2,2A driver.

So imagine de domed XPG2 driven at 3,5A... Yes it should be easy 300+ kcd with acceptable beam size. I don't think XP-E2 would be good in this big reflector.

review of the Brinyte S28 here

I’ve got two extra A-60’s I would trade.

Will trade an A-60 for:
Convoy S5 ( one of the lightest 18650 tube lights)
StarryLight SA-22

Other trades considered

I would also trade 2 Jacobs for a CNQualityGoods Brass Beauty 18650.

Or possibly for Lambda key lights.

What is the closest replacement for a Jacob A60? My uniquefire hs-802 died and I only have the one a60.

Ive been searching these forums a lot and not found anything for sure….

Have an extra Jacob A-60 I would trade for a
pair of Efest purple 26500’s

Why not fix it?

Evidently I am not smart enough… The tailcap switch went out or so I assume and I ordered another one but it still didn’t work.

I haven’t looked at it in a while, the last time I messed with it i could get it to burn by shorting from the negative terminal of the battery to the case.

Some jacob a60s in stock at DD4.com

I tried to check, but i can’t get DD4 to work at all :~

EDIT
I got it to work, but i says Out of stock here

Out of stock man :) link

Sorry guys, my mistake :frowning:

Even when IN STOCK, is that $10.94 price correct? Seems awfully low…

In fact it was low as about 6$(yes no kidding here) with free shipping included(aurabuy i think), if I only new at that time that that moments will be last Jacob's breath I would invest and buy a whole lot of them. 6$ Pocket Rocket. Dear Lord... :)

There are still no 1x18650 reflector thrower in this size that can beat him. I cant believe that original manufacturers of jacob does not read this thread... They could earn serious $ with Jacob's comeback(yes even with bad anodizing and plastic reflector).

If someone know who is original Jacob A60 manufacturer please post here. Maybe some guy will manage to return them on market.

I came across the UranusFire :smiley: UR 816 at DX HERE, and although the tube diameter is larger due to accepting 26650s, it has a larger reflector. Sucks that it’s still expensive for something I would just gut, but it looks like it might make a good host. I can’t really find much about it anywhere, but it seems to have a fairly sizable reflector. Using a spacer, 18650s are usable too.

Isn't that a HD2010 clone?